Sharp NEC Display Solutions designs, produces and delivers display technology for a wide variety of markets. We specialize in large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, and a diverse line of projectors for customers who demand the most high-quality, reliable display solutions to meet their needs.
NEC DISPLAY SOLUTIONS ENHANCES PORTABLE PROJECTORS WITH NEW INPUTS, FEATURES AND VIRTUALLY MAINTENANCE-FREE DESIGN
Posted on Tuesday, September 7, 2010
CHICAGO - September 7, 2010 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its new M Series projectors, including the NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X. These models were developed to address the needs of schools and offices on a tight budget that require a bright, wired network projector with remote monitoring and control capabilities. The model transitions include the NP-M260X replacing the NP410, NP-M260W replacing the NP410W and NP-M300X replacing the NP510.
Designed to keep audiences engaged during presentations, the NEC NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X are value-driven, eco-friendly portable projectors ideal for education and small-to-medium-sized business environments. These models deliver remarkably bright images and feature wired and wireless (optional) networking, HDMI and USB inputs, high contrast (2000:1) and up to 6000 hours of lamp life (in ECO ModeTM). The M Series was created with the environment in mind and includes a carbon savings meter, energy-saving features such as Power Save (<1-watt in standby mode), quick startup and direct power off. Additionally, the projectors offer extended lamp and filter life, benefiting classrooms and boardrooms alike.
"The NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X kick off this M Series update with a new chassis, a multitude of advanced technologies and broad connectivity," said Rich McPherson, Senior Product Manager of projectors for NEC Display Solutions. "The total cost of ownership of these projectors is a huge benefit to our customers when you take lamp changes into consideration. The maintenance-free design enables users to change their filter and lamp simultaneously after 6000 hours of use, which is a huge asset to any facility."
The NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X include the following features:
* XGA native resolution (NP-M300X, NP-M260X) and WXGA native resolution (NP-M260W)
* Brightness up to 3000 lumens
* Lamp life up to 6000 hours when operated in ECO Mode
* 6000-hour filter life provides a virtually maintenance-free projector and lowers the total cost of ownership
* New cabinet design
* Ample input connectivity, including HDMI and USB
* 10-watt speaker
* Variable audio-out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume with the projector's remote control
* RS-232 with less than 1 watt consumption in standby mode
* DICOM Simulation enables users in medical environments to display accurate diagnostic images
* Image Express Lite enables the wireless transmission of an image to the projector without the need for external components
* Wireless LAN Connection IEEE801.11n (optional)
* Cornerstone correction using PC software allows users to easily square an image when the projector is set up at an angle to the screen (available January 2011)
* Geometric Correction allows the projector to easily display an image on a cylindrical, spherical or other shaped screen without distortion (available January 2011)
* Auto vertical keystone correction instantly projects a square image even when the projector is set up at a steep offset angle to the screen
* USB Viewer allows users to present in seconds by using a flash drive to project jpeg images without a computer source
* Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
* Active lens cover enables presenters to immediately mute the audio and video, then seconds later lower the lamp brightness to 25% for a short period of time
* Closed captioning enables decoding and display of text information from a video source
* ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
* Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The new M Series models will be available in October 2010 at an estimated street price of $799, $849 and $899 for the NP-M260X, NP-M260W and NP-M300X, respectively. The projectors ship with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year, and registered Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years on their warranty. To register for Star Student, visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
You must be logged in to add more than four items to your comparison list.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and
event notifications from your favorite AV
manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.