NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the latest generation of its flagship V and P Series commercial grade displays.
Each series consists of three different sizes ranging from 40 inches to 55 inches and now features a lighter and sleeker chassis with a thin bezel, flush surface, smoother edges and removable logo to accompany a robust metal back cover. They also contain a new anti-glare surface coating that further scatters incidental light to allow clear and concise messaging.
Designed with a display brightness of 500 cd/m2, the V Series is suitable for commercial customers that need professional 24/7 quality under the common ambient lighting conditions found in education, retail, entertainment and quick service restaurants. The P Series, on the other hand, is designed with a brightness of 700 cd/m2 to ensure easy readability at the same 24/7 quality for the higher ambient lighting conditions found in transportation, financial, broadcast and corporate environments.
Not only have all of the displays been upgraded with the latest connectivity, including dual HDMI 2.0 ports and DisplayPort 1.2 with daisy chain capability, but each display now has modular expansion options that allow for flexibility in content distribution and internal processing.
The displays have an integrated media player that enables users to load content via USB or over the Ethernet connection, useful for simple signage integration. In addition to this, the V and P Series maintain the OPS slot of previous generation products, which allows for the seamless integration of more complex computing options.
On top of this, NEC has introduced the ability to unobtrusively integrate a Raspberry Pi™ Compute Module directly into the displays. As such, the V or P Series product is transformed into an intelligent device by adding this award-winning, high-performance computer that effectively adds endless computing possibilities in a small and cost-effective package. This built-in functionality provides added advanced computing capabilities for ultimate flexibility.
"Our newest V and P Series displays offer customers the same reliability and 24/7 operability they've come to expect but in a sleeker and lighter design," said Kevin Christopherson, Director of Product Marketing at NEC Display. "The new lineup also offers the most advanced connectivity and modular expansion options available on the market today and will have customers thinking about enhancing their digital signage in a whole new way."
The new displays also feature enhanced imaging performance via the SpectraView® Engine, a chipset that allows for complete color control, including luminance, gamma, color and uniformity (P Series only) control.
Other Key Features:
- LED Edge-lit backlight technology for reduced power consumption and a thinner overall depth
- NFC capabilities, which allow a smart phone or tablet to communicate with displays for setup and servicing
- Improved daisy chain capabilities allowing for UHD daisy chain for video wall purposes and LAN daisy chain for control signals, reducing overall cable requirements
- Multi Picture Mode capabilities, allowing for up to 4 simultaneous images to be displayed at once on the screen.
- 12-bit Look Up Tables (LUT) to provide accurate, stable and repeatable color calibrations
- Auto-ID and Auto IP Address functionality, minimizing setup times
- IR lock capability, which allows the end user to control only certain parts of the display while protecting other important settings from inadvertent adjustment
- CEC Control through HDMI, allowing control capabilities with other HDMI CEC compatible devices
- L-Shaped terminal interface and bottom OPS slot, which allow for easier access to connectivity in both landscape and portrait orientation
- Face Up and Face Down orientation support for specialized applications.
The V404, V484, V554, P404, and P484 displays will be available in late March at a minimum advertised price of $1,049, $1,299, $1,799, $1,299, and $1,579, respectively. The P554 display will be available in April. All six displays ship with a 3-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Check out these displays and more at the NEC Display Solutions booth (#902) at this year's Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas, taking place March 29-30 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall.