Advancements in Picture Processing, Lamp and Filter Life Reduce Downtime, Maintenance Costs.
NEC Display Solutions of America announced today four LCD installation projectors that deliver UHD Blu-Ray and 4K content support, extended lamp and filter life, and a wider color space, enhancing the user experience and lowering the total cost of ownership for users needing large images or higher brightness on the screen.
Ranging from 6,500 lumens to 9,000 lumens, the latest innovations in the PA Series include the NP-PA653U, NP-PA803U, NP-PA853W, and NP-PA903X projectors with WUXGA, WUXGA, WXGA, and XGA resolutions, respectively.
A key differentiator in these latest compact models is NEC's Scaler Chip, an advancement in picture-processing. The integrated picture processor simultaneously manages a 4K/60p input and shares signal output with multiple daisy-chained connected projectors. It also translates into unsurpassed image noise reduction, de-interlacing, scaling and full 10-bit color processing, giving education, museum, corporate, retail and other industry users a better overall viewing experience.
Additional developments in the projectors' color space conversion include Rec2020 to Rec709 specification support, HDR10 media profile, and 3D support, creating richer images.
"Organizations often face situations where they have an abundance of ambient light in rooms yet still require large, bright, readable content to appeal to their audiences. NEC is delivering on those market demands with its new PA Series projectors," said Richard McPherson, Senior Product Manager of Projectors at NEC Display. "In addition, extended operational life of both lamps and filters help improve the total cost of ownership for users."
Those improvements include increased lamp life of 5,000 hours, filter run time of 10,000 hours, and reduced standby power consumption of 0.3W. These enhancements mean less down-time and maintenance for users, decreased costs, and better energy efficiency.
Among the other benefits of the PA Series projectors:
- Upgraded picture-sharpness processing with NEC's fourth generation Sweetvision® engine
- Greater brightness levels for the NP-PA653U (6,500 lumens), NP-PA803U (8,000 lumens), NP-PA853W (8,500 lumens), and NP-PA903X (9,000 lumens) projectors than predecessor models
- Up to 10,000:1 contrast ratios, offering extreme image detail
- Support for the latest copyright protection standards, which enable UHD Blu-Ray and 4K content via the HDMI interface, benefitting public and professional venues. The projectors manage copyright compliance directly
- Variety of inputs and outputs, including Dual HDMI, DisplayPort and HDBaseT with HDBaseT loop out
- Highly flexible geometry controls for image manipulation on curved and irregular surfaces
- Multi-screen and picture-in-picture coupled with stacking and blending support, which allow content sharing from multiple computers to large audiences
- HDBaseT input, which supports Cat6 network cabling up to 100m, offering reduced installation costs
- Lenses covering larger zoom ranges, tilt free and portrait mode, which provide greater installation flexibility
- Basic control of competitors' products, reducing the need for reprogramming of a control system (Contact NEC for complete list.)
The NP-PA653U, NP-PA803U, NP-PA853W, and NP-PA903X projectors ship with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available in January 2017 at a minimum advertised price of $5,399, $6,199, $4,649, and $4,499, respectively. Lamps are covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. To register for Star Student, educational institutions can visit www.necstarstudent.com for more information.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., a leading designer and provider of innovative displays, offers the widest range of products on the market, such as commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, desktop LCD monitors, direct view LED displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. Benefitting from the technologies of NEC Corporation and its own Research and Development, NEC produces leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including education, retail, transportation, broadcast, enterprise, healthcare, houses of worship, and many more. NEC is orchestrating a brighter world with the quality and reliability of its products and outstanding customer service. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About NEC Corporation
NEC Corporation is a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people around the world. By providing a combination of products and solutions that cross utilize the company's experience and global resources, NEC's advanced technologies meet the complex and ever-changing needs of its customers. NEC brings more than 100 years of expertise in technological innovation to empower people, businesses and society. For more information, visit NEC atwww.nec.com.The NEC Group globally provides "Solutions for Society" that promote the safety, security, efficiency and equality of society. Under the company's corporate message of "Orchestrating a brighter world," NEC aims to help solve a wide range of challenging issues and to create new social value for the changing world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.nec.com/en/global/about/solutionsforsociety/message.html.
NEC is a registered trademark of NEC Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Other product or service marks mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. ©2016 NEC Corporation.