A 'no compromise' solution for even the most demanding of applications
Sirius 800 is a family of multi-format, expandable, Advanced Hybrid routers that truly stand out from the crowd.
With a flexible architecture incorporating 4 frame options from 288 x 288 to 1152 x 1152, it's packed full of features and, unlike other routers, you won't need to compromise. Get Sirius with AHP
Every single channel is handled, processed and controlled independently.
This not only saves space, power and money by integrating functionality into the router, but also provides complete format and timing independence across every input and output - complete flexibility.
Now incorporating frame synchronization, AHP allows potentially every single input into the Sirius 800 to have it's own synchronizer. Freedom - to route what you want to route
Our non-restrictive I/O modules allow complete flexibility when configuring your signals into and out of the router. So if the requirements of your facility are not yet fully specified, or something changes, it doesn't matter - decide later. Any input can accept any format Any output can be any format User specification of Fiber or Coax I/O 4k routing capability
Don't forget the audio - we haven't:
Our independent and redundant audio crosspoint allows customers to dedicate a proportion of the routers capacity to discrete AES or MADI audio routing and the routing of embedded audio from the video paths. The routing of audio channels is completely flexible - any audio channel coming into the router (discrete or embedded), can be routed to any audio channel leaving the router, either as a discrete audio channel or an embedded audio channel in a video stream.
It's all about control:
The inevitable complexity of large routing systems and the coordination of thousands of channels of media, requires a sophisticated control structure. Our highly regarded router control systems provide just that - taking the complexity of the underlying system away from the operators and leaving them with an intuitive and simple interface, reducing the likelihood of operator error and simplifying operator intervention in critical situations.
Whilst we believe that our router control systems are of the very highest quality and would highly recommend using them to control your routing systems, we also recognize that there may be circumstances where it's not possible, or preferable to utilize our control systems. Our routers have therefore been engineered for and tested against many third party control systems and SNMP.
Intelligent system integrity:
As one of the most critical components of a broadcast system, the integrity and reliability of a router is paramount. Our routers are designed both for optimal reliability in the first instance and for redundancy in the event of a failure.
Intelligent signal path monitoring with auto changeover
Protection against multiple crosspoint failure
Hot pluggable sub-systems - allowing 'Live' replacements, upgrades and expansion
- No choices, No compromises - Have it all:
- The Advanced Hybrid Processing (AHP) architecture of the Sirius 800 family of routers, allows processing on all inputs and all outputs, inside the router.
- It also allows for totally unlimited de-embedding and routing capacity - no limitations on timing, synchronization or number of audio channels.
- This is all possible because Sirius was designed around the principle of hybrid processing rather than adding this functionality retrospectively to existing routing architectures.
- Unique Catsii Technology:
- The innovative Catsii facility offers immediate and simple indication of router input and output status by illuminating the BNC connectors on the rear panels to show if a signal is valid, and the type of signal connected.
- This is still visible even with cables connected, allowing quick diagnosis of system faults.
- In addition, Catsii can quickly identify the location of a specific input or output connector by illuminating the BNC indicators as a crosspoint.
- Comprehensive status reporting and diagnostics:
- Knowing the current status of a large and complex system at any given time can be challenging.
- The intuitive touchscreen interface on the front of Sirius 800 routers enables quick and easy access to a comprehensive range of status and diagnostics information, such as PSU and fan status, reference standards and much more.
- The frame configuration can also be seen at a glance, showing card presence and status.
- Snell control and monitoring also allows remote access to the status and diagnostic information and via a rules engine, allows automatic re-routing of signals - a truly self healing routing system.
- Economical and Expandable, Efficient and Environmental:
- With so much processing handled inside the router, there is no need for the external equipment that would have been required, saving initial cost, rack space and power.
- The flexibility of every input and output also means that no I/O is wasted looping signals back into the router, or to and from external processing equipment.
- This means smaller, lower cost hybrid routing solutions can be used, tailored to the application.
- As and when greater routing capacity is required, additional modules can be added taking capacity right up to 1152 x 1152 - and this can be done 'live'.
- Sirius 800 routers incorporate thermostatic fan speed control ensuring that the system is adequately cooled, and adjusts the fan speed to reduce noise and save power.
- In addition, crosspoints are powered down wherever possible to further reduce power consumption.