As the HD and UHD digital rollout gathers pace, customers are looking to protect their investments by ensuring they are capable of supporting not only the HD 1.5Gbps standards of today, but future progressive video formats such as 1080p50/59 3Gbps standards.
By introducing a broader range of 3G/HD/ SD products based on the latest audio and video process interfacing technology IQ Modular is ideally placed to offer the future proof solution that you require. Plus the added choice of multi-channel fiber optic or integrated fiber solutions frees you from the limitations of copper infrastructure and enables you to work with coax and fiber in planning cost effective HD expansion and 3G signal delivery.
Including a host of video processing features such as format conversion, synchronization, agile input switching and metadata handling along with the comprehensive monitoring and control offered by RollCall, IQ provides a reliable, cost-effective base for all infrastructure requirements.
Audio is also comprehensively handled with standard features such as embedding, de-embedding, channel routing, downmixing and delay catered for alongside more advanced multi-channel functions such as Dolby E/D encoding or decoding, stereo to 5.1 surround sound upmixing and loudness control to CALM and EBU-R128 standards.
- Range Overview:
- Capable of performing a wide range of video and audio processing tasks from synchronization, audio embedding / de-embedding through to high quality format conversion for HD/ SD-SDI signals, ...
- ...or Dolby Encoding / Decoding for audio signals the IQ Modular range offers you an expandable feature set with the versatility to adapt to your changing business demands.
- Cross Compatible Architecture:
- Available in 1RU and 3RU the IQ Modular frames provide excellent product power density and enable complete redundancy from power, to cooling, to communications.
- All IQ Modular enclosures and modules are cross compatible, protecting your investment throughout the life of your media and broadcast infrastructure.
- Built in Intelligence:
- All card settings are stored on-board the module, so once set up they can be used in any part of the system without further adjustment.
- Snells RollMechanic application enables further set-up simplicity through it's use of cloning module settings to multiple modules of the same type in the system.
- 3G Ready:
- Not yet ready to go 3G but want to protect your investment?
- No problem all 3G compatible modules are available for the same price as their HD predecessors ensuring a seamless transition to 1080p operations when your schedule demands it.
- Advanced Audio Processing:
- Audio is comprehensively handled with standard features - such as embedding, de embedding, channel routing, downmixing and delay ...
- - alongside more advanced multi-channel functions such as Dolby E/D encoding or decoding, stereo to 5.1 surround sound upmixing, and loudness.
- Integrated Fiber:
- In addition to a wide range of high density multi-channel 1080p / 3Gbps fiber modules...
- ...the IQ Modular range also offers integrated fiber solutions freeing you from the limitations of copper infrastructure and enabling you to work with coax and fiber
- ...in planning cost effective HD expansion and 1080p / 3Gbps signal delivery.
- Advanced Control and Monitoring:
- Not only does the IQ Modular range include built in control and monitoring as standard, it is also the only modular solution on the market to offer full SNMP control and monitoring compliance on every module ...
- ...delivering the most advanced control and monitoring solution across your entire media and broadcast workflow.
- Automated QC:
- Hyperion is a new generation of monitoring and control designed to assist operators monitor content more efficiently and ensure contractual and legal obligations are met.
- Hyperion's content monitoring aspects of Stillish & Blackish are measuring whether the content is viewable and contains enough motion to be valid.
- These parameters combined with audio monitoring and metadata validation provide an automated means of content QC allowing true monitoring by exception.