The R&S®BCDRIVE broadcast drive test software controls one or more R&S®ETL, R&S®ETC or R&S®ETH TV analyzers, including one GPS receiver, in order to efficiently analyze coverage for a large number of terrestrial broadcast standards.
Reliable coverage of specific regions is of central importance for terrestrial broadcast network operators. They use complex simulation programs during the planning phase to predict the coverage that will be provided by planned transmitter sites. However, because it is impossible to make a detailed determination of a region's complex propagation characteristics in advance, a series of real field measurements are needed after commissioning to verify that the planned network coverage was achieved.
- Support of all relevant measurements in accordance with a variety of terrestrial broadcast standards
- Highly informative output through precise signal quality recording every second using the R&S®ETL, R&S®ETC or R&S®ETH TV analyzer
- Efficient drive tests through intuitive program operation and parallel measurement of multiple frequencies
- Effective conversion of test results for Google Earth, or alternatively in.csv format for maximum flexibility
- System Requirements
- Windows XP Service Pack 2/Vista/7 (32 bit/64 bit) operating system
- 512 Mbyte RAM
- Pentium processor or equivalent, 600MHz or greater
- 20 Mbyte for program installation, plus a minimum of 500 Mbyte for recording (USB drive can also be used) harddrive