- Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite is a software extension of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform that enables universal access to enterprise-grade, interoperable video collaboration to any business (B2B) or consumer (B2C) at the highest quality, reliability and security
- With Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, businesses simply send a URL link in an email or calendar invitation to anyone with a browser and camera, allowing others to join a secure, enterprise-grade quality video meeting using their smartphone, tablet, computer or video room system
- Only available from Polycom, first-of-its-kind software solution allows users to bring contacts from social apps such as Skype, Facebook, and Google Talk, as well as input business e-mail addresses, into a Polycom business-class video collaboration session
- In addition to CloudAXIS, Polycom announces new Video SmartStart Offerings - simple, all-inclusive, turnkey solutions with breakthrough pricing that include everything a new customer needs to deploy Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, including the Polycom RealPresence Platform, and implementation and adoption services
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Apr 16, 2013: Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today announced availability of Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite, extending secure, reliable and high-quality enterprise-grade video collaboration to anyone with a browser and Web camera. RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is a pure software extension of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, enabling universal access to enterprise-grade video collaboration to hundreds of millions of people, allowing customers to easily meet face-to-face with any business (B2B) or consumer (B2C), whether they are on a PC, mobile device or video room system. In addition, by integrating Skype, Facebook and Google Talk contacts in the industry’s first global presence-aware personal directory, the solution combines the click-to-connect convenience of a Web app with the enterprise-grade, secure experience required for businesses to scale to hundreds or thousands of video users.
“Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite makes it easy for businesses to collaborate face-to-face via video with colleagues, customers, partners, students, patients and consumers around the world, with the security, reliability, scalability and quality that is expected from an enterprise-grade solution,” said Andy Miller, President and CEO, Polycom. “With the availability of Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, we are delivering on our vision and promise to make enterprise-grade video collaboration ubiquitous and available to anyone, which we believe will help drive a network effect of video and transform how people and industries collaborate and work.”
Video SmartStart: Turnkey, All-Inclusive Solutions with Breakthrough Pricing Provide Installation and Adoption Services for New Customers
Making it simple and affordable for customers to install Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, Polycom today announced Video SmartStart, new turnkey all-inclusive offerings that provide everything a customer needs to deploy Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, including the Polycom RealPresence Platform, and implementation and adoption services. Video SmartStart is available in two sizes: Video SmartStart 100 (for up to 100 video users) and Video SmartStart 500 (for up to 500 video users). Video SmartStart offerings are available to customers today with breakthrough pricing, and can be purchased as a single line-item (CAPEX) or as a 3-year lease (OPEX).
“With more businesses moving toward video collaboration, there’s a critical need in the video marketplace for technology that easily and securely connects people inside an organization to people outside the firewall,” said Richard Costello, Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, IDC. “Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is the type of innovation that will redefine how businesses around the world get work done. By letting customers easily deploy, use and scale videoconferencing technology, Polycom is making it possible for organizations to connect to anyone so they can improve productivity, as well as leverage video collaboration for new use cases and applications.”
Initially available to enterprises for private cloud deployments, Polycom CloudAXIS Suite features include:
- Enterprise-Grade Security, Reliability and Quality – As a software extension of the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform - the industry’s most interoperable, secure, reliable and scalable software infrastructure for universal video collaboration - the Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite lets businesses invite users outside the firewall into their enterprise-grade video collaboration sessions, which are set up with the same security layers the host organization has already built into their RealPresence Platform.
- Global Presence-Aware Directory – this unique feature available only from Polycom lets users add their contacts from social apps including Skype, Google Talk and Facebook, as well as input business e-mail addresses, into any video collaboration session. Hosts can click-to-connect from the integrated directory, sending a video conference link via a calendar invite, instant message through social or business apps, or an email. Users join the pre-scheduled or ad hoc meeting simply by clicking on the URL sent by the meeting host.
- Simple and Intuitive Video Collaboration Experience – Joining the enterprise-grade video call as an invitee is as simple as clicking the URL sent by the meeting host, which launches the secure meeting in the invitee’s browser, and provides an experience that leverages Polycom’s high quality video and legendary HD audio technology. The intuitive browser-based user interface makes it easy to participate in video meetings, and includes features such as group chat, content sharing, mute/screen view controls, and the ability to record meetings.
- Investment Protection – Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite also enables enterprises to leverage their investment in existing standards-based video systems including room/group, desktop or mobile video solutions for video collaboration and content-sharing sessions. Users of Android or iOS-based smartphones and tablets can join meetings by clicking on the URL sent by the meeting host, which will launch the Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile app on their device.
Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is designed to run as a virtual edition on industry-standard hardware and represents a significant step forward in delivering video collaboration virtualized from the datacenter.
A Range of Use Cases for Browser-Based Video Collaboration
Polycom RealPresence CloudAXIS brings a new level of usability and scalability to a number of vertical industries and business functions. Retailers and financial institutions can now stay visually connected to their customers to improve service levels and extend service reach. Manufacturers can collaborate with remote vendors and suppliers to streamline processes and reduce time-to-market. HR and organizations can interview candidates face-to-face regardless of location to save time and make better hiring decisions. Educational institutions can now connect teachers with students to personalize and enrich the overall