- Industry First: Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite, a new extension to Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, lets customers extend enterprise-grade video collaboration to users of Skype®, Facebook®, Google Talk™, and other business video applications via a browser, for B2B and B2C video conferencing with the highest quality, reliability and security
- Powerful RealPresence Platform enhancements include industry’s first open standards-based SVC, providing 3X HD multipoint video capacity for greater scalability and dramatically lower TCO, superior performance, and backwards- and forwards-compatibility for investment protection—all available through a software update
- The new Polycom user experience (Polycom UX™) delivers the industry’s best user experience with more than 20 new user innovations and features, including a completely redesigned UI and the industry's most lifelike HD image quality (up to 1080p60 resolution), patent-pending Polycom® SmartPairing™ technology, and innovative only-from-Polycom video, content sharing, and audio features, all while minimizing IT management and support requirements
- Polycom® RealPresence® Collaboration Server 800s, Virtual Edition, is the industry’s first multi-protocol, integrated software MCU that runs on industry-standard servers
- Superior user experiences offered on next-generation video endpoints including new Polycom® RealPresence® Group Series products, new ultra-slim Polycom® RealPresence® VisualEdge™ Executive Desktop offering, and Polycom RealPresence software for PCs and mobile devices
- New portfolio of mid-market solutions make feature-rich video collaboration more affordable, and easier to use and manage
Oct 8, 2012, SAN JOSE, Calif. & NEW YORK
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC), today announced breakthrough solutions that are designed to transform the industry, accelerate mass adoption of video collaboration, and fuel new growth opportunities for the company in both existing and new markets. Polycom expects the market to grow to nearly $12 billion in 2015, at a 16% CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate).
Today’s announcements are the culmination of over two years of R&D efforts focused on augmenting Polycom’s portfolio and removing the impediments to video adoption by making video collaboration easier to use and manage, universally accessible, more scalable at a lower cost, more affordable for small to medium-size enterprises, more interoperable, and more sleek and powerful for business users on their desktop. As part of today’s announcements, Polycom unveiled Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite, a new extension to the Polycom® RealPresence® Platform, which lets customers extend enterprise-grade video collaboration to users of Skype®, Facebook®, Google Talk™, and other business video applications via a browser, for B2B and B2C video conferencing with the highest quality, reliability and security.
Polycom executives, including CEO Andy Miller, are hosting a Polycom Strategy Day for analysts today at the NASDAQ MarketSite in New York City, to discuss these breakthrough solutions and share Polycom’s vision and long-term strategy (click here to watch the live webcast at 10 a.m. ET).
“Our passion at Polycom is to make video collaboration simple to use and available to everyone. Today, we are introducing breakthrough solutions that we believe take ease of use and universal access to exciting new levels, while extending and protecting investments customers have made in Polycom’s interoperable, open standards-based platform and solutions,” said Andy Miller, CEO, Polycom. “We believe this launch of next-generation video solutions will set a new industry standard for best user experience for both end users and IT administrators, and will also provide a seamless and extensible path for customers to fully video-enable their organizations. We also believe these new solutions will significantly expand our addressable market opportunity and accelerate growth for Polycom and our partners, within our installed base, and from new market opportunities within small-to-medium enterprises, and through new OEM distribution models.”
“A number of impediments have hampered the mass adoption of video conferencing including too many closed video ‘islands’ and the limited scalability of traditional video solutions,” said Ira M. Weinstein, senior analyst and partner, Wainhouse Research. “With this set of announcements, Polycom is tackling these adoption barriers head-on by making video conferencing easier to deploy, easier to use, and easier to scale without forcing forklift upgrades. This is the type of innovation and vision that made Polycom an early market leader in video collaboration. Make no mistake --- we are seeing Polycom 2.0.”
In the largest product launch in the Company’s history, Polycom is delivering a portfolio of next-generation products and solutions – fully backward- and forward-compatible – that extend the delivery of video collaboration to more endpoints, more environments and more people. Polycom’s innovative new portfolio of offerings includes:
Polycom® RealPresence® CloudAXIS™ Suite – Universal Access to Enterprise-Grade Video Collaboration (view full press release)
In a move that is intended to provide universal access to enterprise-grade video collaboration to hundreds of millions of people, Polycom unveiled RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite, which lets Polycom customers extend enterprise-grade video collaboration to users of Skype, Facebook, Google Talk, and other business video applications via a browser. RealPresence CloudAXIS is a suite of software that runs on the Polycom RealPresence Platform in private enterprise clouds or public cloud deployments (available in both an enterprise and partner/service provider edition), and securely extends enterprise-grade video and content collaboration outside the firewall to any business (B2B) or consumer (B2C) via a browser to enable truly ubiquitous video collaboration at the highest quality, reliability and security. RealPresence CloudAXIS Suite is ideal for Polycom partners and service providers to expand from offering Video-as-a-Service (VaaS) to Video Collaboration-as-a-Service (VCaaS) – adding applications such as recording and streaming, web conferencing, and collaboration tools such as digital whiteboards—thus creating greater customer value and new revenue streams.
Polycom RealPresence Platform Delivers 3X HD Video Capacity via Open Standards-Based SVC, and First Multi-Protocol, Integrated Software MCU for Industry-Standard Servers (view full release)
- Powerful enhancements to the RealPresence Platform include support for the industry’s first implementation of open standards-based Scalable Video Coding (SVC) technology. This implementation delivers 3X HD multipoint capacity for greater scalability and dramatically lower TCO, higher quality video performance across devices, and breakthrough interoperability for backwards- and forwards-compatibility—protecting customers’ video investments and eliminating the need for expensive gateways or hardware required by competitive proprietary SVC products. The significant boost in<