Polycom’s open standards-based solutions combined with AT&T Telepresence Solution service extend video collaboration for greater business-to-business connectivity and interoperability
Jul 31, 2012 : Today AT&T announced a range of Polycom® RealPresence® video solutions, from room and personal desktop video systems to immersive video theaters, are now certified and available for AT&T Telepresence Solution (ATS) – a hosted video collaboration offering (see related AT&T press release here. AT&T is the first service provider to support Polycom RealPresence solutions implementing non-standard Telepresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) to enable native single and multi-screen interoperability between telepresence systems from Polycom and Cisco. Additionally, customers can use Polycom® RealPresence® Mobile with ATS guest access enhancements, allowing smartphones and tablets users to join AT&T video calls over the internet, whether or not they’re registered to AT&T’s service.
“Customers have been asking for Polycom RealPresence video solutions because we are known for delivering lifelike, secure HD video collaboration experiences – from room and immersive environments to desktop and mobile applications – and for our interoperability with standard and non-standard protocols,” said Gary Testa, Global Vice President, Cloud and Service Providers at Polycom. “Polycom’s reputation for cross-platform interoperability, even on multi-point calls, makes us a natural choice for customers looking to collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners.”
Polycom RealPresence video solutions make it easier for customers to create a culture of video collaboration that improves teamwork, decision making, and time to market while also reducing travel costs. As more enterprises look beyond their own firewalls to collaborate with partners and customers, Polycom is meeting their needs with solutions that make collaborating face-to-face over video as simple as a phone call, regardless of the heterogeneity of the underlying networks and technologies.
Polycom video collaboration solutions certified for the AT&T Telepresence Solution service include:
Polycom® RealPresence® Room
- Polycom® HDX® 7000 Media Center, a wall-mounted system designed for small- to medium-sized conference rooms and training rooms.
- Polycom HDX 8000 Executive, a wall-mounted system ideal for highly detail-oriented environments such as telemedicine, quality assurance, and distance learning.
- Polycom HDX 8000 Media Center, a free-standing, integrated system for medium- to large-sized rooms.
Polycom® RealPresence® Immersive
- Polycom® OTX™ 100 immersive experience, delivers stunning, lifelike HD quality and clarity in custom-designed environments; designed for up to four participants in medium- to large-sized meeting rooms.
- Polycom OTX 300 immersive experience, which incorporates three active screens to deliver a realistic, across-the-table meeting experience for up to 15 participants.
- Polycom® RPX™ immersive series, an all-inclusive meeting environment that brings HD video, audio, and content-sharing to a cinematic video wall. The technology is practically invisible, so participants can focus on collaboration.
Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop
- Polycom HDX 4500 systems are designed for desktop and small office environments. They redefine individual and small group communication by delivering premium, rich-media personal telepresence that merges HD video, content, and audio in a simple-to-use experience.
Polycom RealPresence Mobile
- RealPresence Mobile extends enterprise-grade video collaboration to tablet and smartphone users and is available as a free download from the Apple AppStore™ for the new iPad®, iPad® 2, and iPhone 4S; and from Google Play for the HTC One™ S and HTC One™ X smartphones and HTC Jetstream™ tablet; the Motorola XOOM™ and the DROID XYBOARD by Motorola; and the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 8.9 and 10.1.
Polycom RealPresence video solutions enable organizations to improve productivity, speed decision making, reduce carbon emissions, cut travel costs, save time, and shorten project cycles. Polycom video collaboration solutions are also used across vertical industries such as healthcare to help saves lives; education to improve learning and retention; manufacturing for designing products; and government for mission control, training, and more.