The Iso-Max CI-RJ2R is a two channel input isolator that lets you extend unbalanced signals to 100 meters (350’) using standard CAT-5 or CAT-6 balanced twisted pair Ethernet cable.
Sold as a ‘transmit and receive’ set, the design begins with two rugged flanged steel enclosures for easy mounting under a desk or inside a rack or NEMA enclosure. Each end is equipped with RCA inputs and outputs, with a standard Ethernet RJ45 type connectors in between. One merely connects the source and destination devices using the RCAs and bridges the two units using off the shelf CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable. This enables the system designer to employ pre-wired network cable to run analog audio throughout a facility without having to fish new wires.
Plug and play easy to use, this passive interface does not require any power to work. Inside the receive module are two Jensen high performance transformers that are able to withstand signal levels to +19 dBv at 20 Hz without any discernible distortion. These provide galvanic isolation between the input and output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, rejecting noise by as much as 124 dB. Once installed, the CI-RJ2R will quietly go to work, without introducing distortion, phase shift or artifact of any kind.
- With two rugged flanged steel enclosures for easy mounting under a desk or inside rack/NEMA enclosure
- Stereo audio ‘baluns’ for RCA inputs using CAT-5/6 cable
- Run cables to 100 meters (350’) without loss
- Ruler-flat frequency response from 5 Hz to 20 kHz
- Superior noise rejection from ground loops and magnetic fields
- Galvanic isolation between input and output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops, rejecting noise by as much as 124dB