A key component in Imagine Communications’ CloudXtream™ Cloud DVR (cDVR) solution, Telurio™ Packager is one of the world’s most advanced and feature-rich software-based products for allowing video content to be viewed on the ever-expanding array of consumer screens.
Telurio Packager uses adaptive streaming to package video content for a host of streaming services such as catch-up TV and video-on-demand. With Telurio Packager, linear and file-based video content can now be delivered seamlessly to the multiscreen world, including the wide variety of mobiles, laptops, tablets, televisions, and other screens used for streaming. It is ideally suited for large-scale centralized or decentralized deployments.
In the most typical usage, the Telurio Packager ingests H.264-encoded video streams carried in an MPEG-2 transport stream (TS) and creates outputs in all of the major adaptive streaming protocols — Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Microsoft Smooth Streaming (MSS), Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), MPEG DASH and RTMP formats. It can also encrypt traffic using standard AES-128 for HLS or PlayReady for Smooth Streaming, integrating key exchange with leading digital rights management key servers.
Rather than having to prepackage all profiles of every program in all adaptive streaming protocols, video content can be packaged in real time into the appropriate protocol when that content is requested by viewers. Packaged streams are delivered to web servers or a content delivery network for distribution to end user devices. This innovative just-in-time packaging (JITP) capability enables video service providers to keep their storage and bandwidth costs in check as their multiscreen distribution content libraries grow.
- Just-in-time packaging for on-the-fly segmentation, packaging, and encryption
Cloud-ready for virtualized deployments
Ingests H.264 over MPEG-2 transport streams (MPEG-2 TS/UDP) or files
- Supports all leading delivery protocols — HLS, MSS, HDS, MPEG DASH, RTMP
- Outputs segmented “packaged” streams or files with full VOD manifests suitable for HTTP delivery
- Support for DVB subtitles in HLS and MSS output
- Internal Microsoft® IIS-like functionality for MSS manifest creation
- IGMP v3 Source Specific Multicast (SSM) ingest
- Encrypts traffic using standard AES-128 for HLS or PlayReady for Smooth Streaming
- Integrates key exchange with leading digital rights management (DRM) servers
- CDN-friendly — Origin server, reverse proxy, expires headers
- Dual transcoder input stream “striping” redundancy
- Flexibility of software or hardware
- Accelerates rollout of revenue-generating cloud DVR services
- Packages linear and file-based content for live, on-demand and just-in-time delivery
- Minimizes the need for multiple stored copies
- Reduces operational and network bandwidth costs
- Supports easy migration to new packaging formats
- Enables timely distribution of live captured assets
- Allows video providers to cost-effectively expand their TV Everywhere libraries
- Offers flexible deployment options — available as software license or appliance