The optical protection switch and 50-50 power splitter represent integral parts of an end to end optical fiber network design, and provide path redundancy and network resiliency.
The 50-50 power splitter and protection switch are critical in redundant path optical fiber network design or for optical signal monitoring purposes where the power budget allows for a 50% loss of power.
- Intelligent auto-switching and auto-changeover
- Programmable switching threshold and changeover hysteresis
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring
- Single-mode fiber support
- Multiple wavelength support (1260 to 1610 nm range)
- Standard SMPTE SC/PC optical connectors
- Full hot-swapping capability with no fiber disconnection/reconnection required
- Capability of supporting single optical wavelengths at 1310 nm, 1550 nm, or up to 16 CWDM wavelengths (ITU-T G.694.2 compliant)