The NEXIO® NXFS8500 series Fibre Channel switches provide an economical and scalable means to construct a fully redundant 8 Gb/s Fibre channel NEXIO Farad™ storage network. Configurable with 24-, 36-, or 48 active ports, the switches provide 4- and 8-Gb/s auto-detect for compatibility with existing NEXIO clients that do not have 8 Gb/s Fibre channel adapters. The NXFS8500 switches include redundant power supplies and are field–upgradable to support storage or server system expansion.
- Provides an affordable, flexible foundation for NEXIO Farad storage solutions
- Delivers up to 48 ports of 8 Gb/s performance in an energy-efficient, optimized 1U form factor to support the most demanding broadcast server deployments
- Includes dual, hot-swappable redundant power supplies with integrated system cooling fans
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use tools such as the EZSwitchSetup wizard
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” expansion with Ports On Demand scalability from 8 to 16 or 24 ports in 8-port increments
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 4- and 8 Gb/s capabilities
- Future-proofs investments by enabling organizations to use 4 Gb/s SFPs today and upgrade to 8 Gb/s SFPs when required