New to the Nexio® compressed domain server line, the Nexio® NX1012DS (Delay Server) enables the time-shifting of multiple MPEG-2 TS feeds from minutes to days for a single stream — or potentially many streams at once.
With the NX1012DS transport stream delay server, input and output streams are decoupled; one input stream can support several output streams, each with different delays. For example, if you want to delay one stream to three different time zones (e.g., one with one-hour delay, one with two-hour delay and one with three-hour delay), you only need to record the one stream, and create three delayed output streams.
The transport stream can be either DVB-ASI or IP (unicast, multicast, UDP or RTP); input and output types are independent (i.e., you can ingest a stream over DVB-ASI and output it delayed over IP, and vice versa). IP input/output is standard via dual Gigabit Ethernet ports; ASI I/O ports and additional Gigabit Ethernet ports may be added as optional I/O modules.
The Delay Server supports ATSC, DVB, MPEG ISO and DigicipherII streams, encrypted or in the clear. Each input stream designated for delay is delivered to the designated output(s) as it comes in, at the correct time.
The transport stream delay server comes standard with an unprotected RAID0 ~1.4 TB usable internal storage for economical performance where data protection is not required. With an purchased option, the storage can be increased to ~2.7 TB usable in high bandwidth, protected RAID10 configuration. Using an internal storage configuration preserves the maximum network bandwidth for IP streaming traffic to and from the Delay Server.
The Delay Server may be connected to an external network attached storage (NAS), such as the Imagine Communications NXIQ™ storage server, if more storage capacity is required. While the NX1012DS can mount CIFS- and NFS-connected NAS storage, product performance may be limited by the storage and network bandwidth for record and playback.
The NX1012DS can delay up to 32 streams, making it very useful for customers who need to delay many low bitrate streams in an IP environment.
NX1012DS (Delay Server) Platform:
Full server management via dedicated NIC and integrated Board Management Controller (BMC), remote KVM and power control
Dual Gigabit Ethernet IP input
RAID0, unprotected, ~1.4 TB usable array
1RU form factor
Hot-swappable redundant power supplies
NX1012DS (Delay Server) Platform Options:
Quad Gigabit Ethernet input interface, single-slot module (optional)
Quad ASI input/output interface, single-slot interface (optional, max 2 slots available), each DVB-ASI input port supporting up to 92 Mb/s streams
Integrated (NX-DS-HDI) storage, RAID10, ~2.7 TB usable (optional)
- Transport Stream Delay Server Software:
- SPTS or MPTS, either ATSC, DVB, DigicipherII or ISO format
- Supports DVB-ASI and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Supports multiply delays and delay types (ASI or IP)
- Supports unbalanced configurations, each with discrete delays
- Enables user-configurable delay times from GUI
- Recovers delay from failure or restart
- Qualified for 640 Mb/s (320 in/320 out) in most configurations
- Qualified for up to 32 discrete input stream delays
- Record to integrated (local) or network attached storage
- Offers persistence of configuration across reboot or application restart
- Supports web page interface for setup and configuration (customer-provided system with web browser required)