The ES-188E/NTP6 is an NTP referenced master clock and time code generator/NTP server. It displays nine digits (day of year, hour, minute and second) of time as received via a user selected NTP server. Simultaneously, the ES-188E generates several types of time code including SMPTE LTC, ESE-TC89, ESE-TC90, ASCII (RS-232C and USB), EBU, IRIG-B and a 1PPS signal. These outputs allow the ES-188E to easily interface with new or existing computers, automation and clock systems. The NTP server capability allows clients to reference the local ES-188E/NTP6 server while being isolated from the internet.
Software supplied with the ES-188E/NTP6 permits users to continuously update a computer's Windows' clock to the time available on the USB port. Other features allow the user to select SMPTE mode (DF, NDF, EBU and Real Time), offset the Time Zone displayed and output by the ES-188E/NTP6 and advance or delay the time output for various synchronizing purposes.
A user may find the ES-188E/NTP6 particularly beneficial if: 1) The user has trouble getting a reliable GPS signal into a facility, such as a basement or a building with metallic coating on the windows; 2) The user has trouble getting an antenna to the outside of a facility, because the cable run will be too expensive or the facility cannot be modified, which is the case with many historical buildings or 3) A facility needs to be time synchronized to a remote location through NTP, for example, universities with multiple campuses or NPR affiliate stations.
- SMPTE-LTC/EBU, ESE, IRIG-B, ASCII (RS-232 and USB) time code outputs
- NTP input Port (RJ-45, IPv6) and NTP server output via shared RJ-45 connector
- Supports authentication
- 1 PPS (pulse-per-second) output
- Front panel nine digit .56" yellow LED display
- Time zone offset
- Automatic daylight Saving time correction
- Time advance/delay feature for synchronization purposes
- Configuration via RS-232, USB, Telnet or Embedded web page(secure and normal)
- New PC control panel software included
- Dual battery backup (Coin-cell and Gel-cell)
- NTP Lock LED indicator and TTL output
- 1.75" rackmount enclosure