The DVI-7345 is an ultra-compact, high performance fiber optic extender that supports SDI, HD-SDI and 3G-SDI extension over a single strand of Single-Mode optical fiber at distances up to 1.2 miles (~ 2000 meters). The extender set consists of an optical transmitter module that converts the SDI signals into light pulses for transmission over a single strand of Single-Mode optical fiber cable. An optical receiver module converts the light pulses back to an SDI signal for downstream processing or display on a monitor.
Superior Design - The transmitter includes an SDI signal EQ, a Laser driver and a laser diode module that uses a single optical wavelength of 1310nm. The receiver includes an SDI copper cable driver, a photo diode, a TIA, as well as a limited amplifier. Both Tx and Rx use low-profile, metal cases equipped with rugged locking 75ohm BNC SDI connectors. The locking ST fiber connectors are supplied with twist-locking metal covers to prevent dust buildup inside the fiber optic connectors. These features make the DVI-7345 the perfect solution for extension of SDI, HD-SDI, and 3G-SDI signals over extreme distances in even the most demanding broadcast, studio, and live environments.
- Supports SMPTE-424M (3G-SDI), SMPTE-292M (HD-SDI) and SMTPE-259 (SD-SDI)
- Supports data rates up to 2.97 Gbps
- Supports Single-Mode optical fiber distances up to 1.2miles (~ 2km)
- Extended length 6.2miles (~ 10km) option available
- Utilizes a single optical cable and a single optical wavelength
- Ultra-compact, rugged metal enclosure
- Locking BNC SDI and ST connectors
- ST connectors equipped with locking metal dust covers
- Low RFI/EMI profile for sensitive applications
- Optical fiber transmission is immune to environmental signal noise