— The DVI-7314 is a high performance 4K Optical Extender that transmits high resolution DVI / HDMI signals over extreme distances using a single fiber optic cable. This extender supports HDMI v1.4 (non-HDCP) signals with resolutions up to 4K (4096x2160 / 30p) over cable distances up to 1.2 miles (~2.0 km).
Fiber Optic Extension — The extender set consists of an optical transmitter module that converts the DVI / HDMI signals into light pulses for transmission over a single strand of Multi-Mode or Single-Mode optical fiber cable. An optical receiver module converts the light pulses back to a DVI / HDMI signal for display on a monitor or projector. The transmitter unit includes an internal EDID memory that can acquire and store the EDID from any display.
Cutting-Edge Optics — Most single-fiber optical extenders transmit signals over multiple optical wavelengths, which can suffer from chromatic dispersion over long cable runs. To avoid this issue, this extender employs a cutting-edge, high-speed SerDes that combines the DVI / HDMI signal channels into a single uncompressed 10.3 Gbps bit stream. This enables the optical transmission of the signal over a single optical wavelength, which provides increased signal fidelity, stability and flawless image quality, regardless of cable length. These features make the DVI-7314 the ideal future-proof choice for systems designers and integrators who need to transmit high resolution DVI / HDMI signals over extreme distances.
- Supports DVI and HDMI v1.4 (not HDCP compliant)
- Supports 4K (UHD) and resolutions up to 4096x2160 / 30p
- Supports Single-Mode fiber optic cable lengths up to (1.2 miles / 2.0 km) and Multi-Mode fiber up to (1640 ft. / 500 meters)
- Extends signals over a single strand of LC-terminated optical fiber
- Low RFI / EMI profile for sensitive applications
- Cutting-edge 10.3 Gbps SerDes enables extension using a single optical wavelength
- Transmitter includes EDID memory to cache the EDID from any display
- Optical fiber transmission is immune to environmental signal noise
- Transmitter unit can be powered by DVI source in most applications