The MERCATOR III Warp and Blend Engine–extraordinary warp and blend technology for rigorous applications.
ATLANTA, GA (March 16, 2009) - Digital Projection International, an Emmy® Award-winning manufacturer of high-performance projection systems, now offers an advanced Warp and Blend system to complement their full range of precision displays. Brought to you through a partnership with the simulation experts at RockWell Collins, the Mercator III represents the pinnacle of precise, low latency image warp and blend technology.
Offered for the first time on our recent Commercial AV pricing update, the Mercator III is a modular, rack mounted solution that can be ordered in standard configurations to support from 2 to 16 display channels. Applications with more than 16 channels can also be addressed on a custom quotation basis.
When compared with other warp solutions that are available, the benefits of the Mercator system are compelling:
• Precise Warp, capable of supporting nearly all surface geometries.
• Extensive blend capabilities, including gamma fine-tuning and black level offset in non-blend areas.
• Color shading, color matrixing and primary color correction on a per-channel or global basis.
• Extremely low latency, even with more extreme warp values.
• Intuitive user interface and mapping tools aid in the alignment of complex multi-channel systems.
• Supports source formats from 50 – 140 Hz and up to 1920 x 1080 pixels (165 MHz maximum pixel clock).
• Component design allows users to share the Mercator’s warp and blend capabilities across many projectors.
• Rack mount configuration assures simple troubleshooting and rapid service.
• Pre-configured “standard” multi-channel packages make specifying and pricing the Mercator III straightforward.
• On a channel for channel basis, priced competitively with far less capable and higher latency systems.
• Delivered with Digital Projection’s outstanding application support and service.
™Digital Light Processing and DLP are registered trademarks of Texas Instruments.
Emmy® is a registered trademark of The Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
Marketing Communications Manager
T- 770.420.1350 F- 770.420.1360
About Digital Projection International
Founded in 1989, Digital Projection International (DPI)
has been instrumental in the development and application of Digital Light Processing™ technology by Texas Instruments for projection systems. DPI introduced the world’s first 3-chip DLP® projector in 1997, and has since delivered expert system engineering and world-class customer services, thus maintaining its position as a digital imaging pioneer.
DPI’s groundbreaking projection research and development has garnered the admiration of industry professionals around the world. This has earned the company many awards, including two Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. DPI remains the first and only projector manufacturer to win the coveted award.
Today, DPI manufactures and distributes an extensive line of ultra high-performance 3-chip and single-chip DLP® projection systems. These projectors are the reference standard for demanding applications such as large-venue, live-event staging, fortune 5000, education, medical and scientific research, command and control, digital cinema, commercial entertainment, worship and elite home cinema.