Digital Alert Systems Model R198 is a unique product for facilities looking to upgrade their existing analog EAS systems to work in a multichannel AES digital audio world. What used to require an assortment of up to seven separate products; an A to D convertor, a four channel distribution amp, four high-quality synchronous AES switches, and a network control module, are combined in the small, compact 1RU chassis of the R198 - eliminating the headaches of wiring mazes, rack space problems and multiple power supplies. Using the R198 facilities are able to convert a stereo analog signal into AES and seamlessly switch it in and out of 4 other AES program streams. Very helpful for older EAS equipment that may not have native AES support or are expanding with more digital program streams. There may be other products offering one or two functions, but none combine it all in one compact package like the R198.
The R198 provides a simple way to convert any unbalanced stereo audio signal and present it as the common “B-side” of four independent A/B (2 x1) balanced AES audio channels. Each AES channel uses synchronous electronic switching - easily configured to either 44.1KHz or 48KHz incoming sample rates - assuring glitch-free performance with no pops or clicks for seamless program switching of any AES audio stream. In addition the separate AES channels features a fail-safe bypass relay maintaining primary program signal integrity in the event of a power failure. Each independent AES channel switch is controlled by individual contact closures pulled to ground or a TCP/IP (Ethernet) LAN interface. This enables each channel to be controlled locally by contact closures or remotely over any TCP/IP network, making it simple to wire and easy to use over a network or directly interfaced to other broadcast equipment like automation or older, legacy EAS gear. And the Master GPI switches all channels simultaneously for simple bank switching.
- Standard XLR audio connectors
- Dual balanced stereo analog audio input
- Integrated stereo audio distribution amplifier
- Four (4) independent balanced AES stereo audio switches
- Independent channel activation by contact closure or network
- Master contact closure switches all channels simultaneously
- Direct DASDEC™ control over network
- Separate dry contact form “C” relay for each channel
- Single rack-mounted chassis with integrated power supply
- Upgrade legacy EAS systems to seamless AES audio switching
- Multichannel A to D conversion, distribution & AES switching
- Direct DASDEC MultiStation™ interfacing adds 4 independent channels of AES audio switching