The all-new Cobalt® BBG-1078-ANC-MON 3G/HD/SD-SDI Modular Ancillary Data Monitoring Probe with Multiple-Protocol Data Payload SDI/HDMI Display and Fault Detection/Forwarding provides an easy to use, economical solution that offers comprehensive ancillary data monitoring/”probing” to validate and ensure expected presence and handling of ancillary data in SDI streams.
Unlike expensive and hard to use waveform monitors, the BBG-1078-ANC-MON shows status in “plain language” on-screen overlays. Unlike typical test equipment, its user interface is designed from the ground up to be used by everyday operations personnel and not just engineers. The status burn-in is available on the card SDI output as well as a convenience HDMI output that can be directly connected to a wall monitor.
- Easy to use, economical solution for comprehensive ancillary data monitoring/”probing”
- “Plain language” easy to understand status burn-in overlay displayed along with program video makes status monitoring easy. HDMI output allows use with standard consumer monitor panels.
- Quality Check provides immediate alert status for quality issues such as black/frozen frame or audio silence
- On-screen presence/absence of selected DID/SDIDs
- Fully flexible and configurable with user presets to simplify setup
- Flexible options allow extra monitoring capabilities such as SCTE 104, AFD, and 608-XDS monitoring and payload interpret
- Full status forwarding to automated systems using serial, GPIO, IP, and SNMP interfaces
- Low-power/high-density design – less than 18 Watts
- Compact footprint – up to 3 units in a 1RU space. Optional tray provides secure captive-fastener mounting of 3 units in a 1RU tray.
- Web-based user interface/remote control as well as front-panel pushbutton menu-based local control with LCD status/net ID
- Also controllable using DashBoard remote control
- Five year warranty