Industry First: Downloadable Software Licenses Add Powerful Core Capabilities to VIEW® Pro Multimedia Components
SALT LAKE CITY, June 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — ClearOne (NASDAQ: CLRO) has announced a groundbreaking new strategy for adding new and richer capabilities to its network media streaming systems, without requiring any changes or additions to system hardware. Powerful new functions can be added via fast and easy software license purchases, to ensure that one-time hardware investments are “future proof,” and can be continuously upgraded, as needed.
“ClearOne is making these affordable, easy-to-install feature licenses available to its current base of VIEW Pro customers and future users, to add new and more powerful functionality without the need to perform ‘forklift upgrades,’ swap-out individual components, or add new hardware,” explained Michael Braithwaite, ClearOne’s Senior Vice President of the Network Media Streaming Business. “This industry-first approach of software-based licensing is a game changer that introduces a universe of new functional possibilities. Plus, our customers have the advantage of paying only for what they need, and downloading it only when they need it.”
The VIEW Pro line provides the highest quality multimedia streaming on existing IP networks, unmatched in scalability, ease of implementation, and lowest total cost of ownership.
The first new software license enables Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP), two common Internet standards that extend multimedia performance for many devices and services in the corporate, educational, and government environments. This license increases flexibility by making it possible to send and receive streams to and from popular and ubiquitous third-party devices, such as:
- IP cameras used in classrooms, courtrooms, security centers, and elsewhere
- Satellite broadcast receivers for information and entertainment
- Software tools such as Apple® QuickTime® Player, VLC Media Player™, and Windows® Media Player®, used in offices, command and control centers, call centers, and so on
- A second new software license adds local playback features that allow video files to be played from an external USB drive when connected to a ClearOne VIEW Pro decoder to:
- Enable ad hoc video presentations in executive offices and corporate training rooms
- Present event- and visitor-specific content in public venues and lobby displays
As ClearOne advances its roadmap and lineup of new functionality for the VIEW Pro family of products, new software licenses will be offered for purchase to provide customers with the most advanced, cost effective, easy to add, and flexible network media streaming capabilities. Only ClearOne offers these enhanced network streaming functionalities, easily added by software licensing, to reduce the need to purchase new hardware.