Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live- entertainment production workflow. The ultra-affordable S32 digital stage box bridges the gap between the onstage talent, Front of House (FOH) console and the rest of the world with its ultra-fast and rock-solid performance.
The S32 provides 32 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 328 ft / 100 m). While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the AES50 SuperMAC technology that made it all possible our superb scale of production makes the S32 so very affordable.
MIDAS-The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations world-wide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate a MIDAS designed mic preamp for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS’ amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
“When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S32 Stage Boxes can be connected via the mixer’s built-in dual AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 64 remote mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 16 individual monitor mixes via CAT5 to every musician on stage. When 32 inputs are not enough, an S32 Stage Box may also be cascaded with an S16 or SD16 for full use of the 48-channel bidirectional capacity of AES50 SuperMAC networking on just one CAT5 line. We also included 2 optical ADAT outputs and two AES-3 (AES/EBU) stereo outputs for digitally connecting to outboard devices, such as PA system controllers. The S32 also features a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC plus MIDI I/O for your lighting sy
- 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S32 units no merger or router required
- Connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System for In-Ear applications (not included)
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- “Planet Earth” switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- “Built like a tank” yet compact, all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- 48 bidirectional audio channels over Cat 5e cable (48 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
- OEM modules available from developer partners