The Barco weConnect Active Learning room offers an easy way to achieve a fully functional collaborative learning environment. The system allows students and teachers to bring their own devices to the class and share their information -- whether it is graphics, video, audio, or applications -- on the pod displays and via the classroom projector.
BYOD is not only about sharing pixels to screens -- personal devices are an essential collaborative interaction tool. So, the system comes with an interaction module to allow students and teachers to work in groups, accessing any content, annotate it and store it locally on their devices or share the notes in the group or class.
Support for polls, real-time feedback and silent questions allow all students to be active learners during class.
Teachers walk around the room with a tablet, which gives full preview and moderation control over the room, pods and sources.
- The system drives a central room display, which can be a single projector or up to two 4k displays (and anything in between)
- An NRC-200 room compositor generates the on-display source compositions and delivers content to the other room displays
- Each individual pod has a group display and an NCN-100 driving the display
- Teachers and Students can connect easily to the room displays using a Windows PC, a Mac, Chromebook, iOS or Android device
- Wireless display mirroring is provided with apps for all supported operating systems or through ClickShare buttons
- Teachers control the classroom from a simple user interface on a tablet, which allows them to moderate student content presented in the room
- At any time, any content can be put on any screen, and associated audio sources are automatically mixed, just like the visual content
- Teachers can start polls and receive silent questions via the same user interface
- At the start of the lesson, the teacher brings up introductory content on the main screen and on the pods to explain the purpose of the class
- Students are typically divided into groups of 4 to 6 per pod and assigned tasks
- Students can search for information online and share it with each other on their group screen
- Class notes can be written next to and on top of any content shown on the main display and can be saved on the students’ BYOD
- During the lesson, the teacher compares the groups’ output on a BYOD or on the main display. If required, all pod displays can be compared together at the same time
- Closing remarks and summary are displayed on all screens, and groups can present their results to the whole class