Barco’s weConnect Lecture Hall offers an easy way to achieve a fully functional collaborative learning environment.
The system allows students and teachers to bring their own devices to the classroom and wirelessly present their information -- whether it is graphics, video, audio or applications -- on the classroom display.
BYOD is not only about sharing pixels to screens -- personal devices are an essential collaborative interaction tool. So, the system comes with an optional cloud app to allow students and teachers to work in groups, accessing any content, annotate it and store it locally on their devices or share notes with the class.
Support for polls, real-time feedback and silent questions allow all students to be active learners during class.
Teachers use the cloud browser app on their preferred device, which gives them full preview and moderation control.
- Wireless presentation for all BYODs
- BYOD Lecture Hall contains an NRC-200 display node driving up to two 4K displays
- The display node allows eight BYODs simultaneously on screen while many more can be connected to the system
- With the ClickShare integration license, the use of ClickShare buttons is also supported
- Teachers and Students can easily share to the displays using a Windows PC, a Mac, Chromebook, iOS or Android device
- The wireless presentation capability is enabled through the free MirrorOP and Airplay
- The NRC-200 can stream the display content to all other displays in the room. The display node provides thumbnail views on the student and teacher devices for use in note taking or for detailed viewing
- Interactivity, moderation and collaboration
- Teachers control the displays from a simple web interface with live preview of the classroom screen and shared student content
- Only students in the classroom can share content on their display through the use of PIN codes
- Students and teachers interact through an optional web-based cloud application
- The web interface is compatible with all major platforms, from phones to laptops
- The display node integrates easily in the campus network with connectivity over multiple subnets to student and teacher WIFI network
- Single Sign On capability is provided through Eduroam
- Students and teachers can use their standard network connections to use the local services as well as the presentation, interaction and collaboration features of BYOD Lecture Hall
- Every BYOD Lecture Hall can be a remote classroom and receive audio and video content from a distant location
- Optionally, BYOD Lecture Hall can send content to a remote classroom
- Integrate legacy devices (e.g. document cameras) using a SharePod or encoder