Barco’s weConnect BYOD Classroom offers an easy way to achieve a fully functional collaborative learning environment.
The system allows students and teachers to bring their own devices to the classroom and wirelessly present their information -- whether it is graphics, video, audio or applications -- on the classroom display.
BYOD is not only about sharing pixels to displays -- personal devices are an essential collaborative interaction tool. So, the system comes with an optional web app to allow students and teachers to work in groups, accessing any content, annotate it and store it locally on their devices or share notes with the class.
Support for polls, real-time feedback and silent questions allow all students to be active learners during class.
- Wireless presentation for all BYODs
- A BYOD Classroom contains a single NCN-100 display node connected to an HD display
- The display node allows 4 BYODs to simultaneously mirror content to the classroom display, while everybody is at all times connected to the system
- Teachers and students can easily share to the displays using a Windows PC, a Mac, Chromebook, Linux, iOS or Android device
- The wireless presentation uses the free MirrorOP app or Airplay
- The NCN-100 can optionally stream the display content to all other displays in the room
- The display node provides thumbnail views on the student and teacher devices for use in note taking or for detailed viewing
- Interactivity, moderation and collaboration
- Teachers control the displays from a simple web interface with live preview of the classroom screen and shared student content
- Only students present in the classroom can share content through the use of PIN codes
- Students and teachers interact through an optional web-based cloud application
- The web interface is compatible with all major platforms, from phones to laptops
- The display node integrates easily in the campus network with connectivity over multiple subnets to student and teacher WIFI networks
- Single Sign On capability is provided through Eduroam
- Students and teachers can use their standard network connections to use the local services as well as the presentation, interaction and collaboration features of the BYOD Classroom
- Every BYOD Classroom can be a remote classroom and receive audio and video content from a distant location
- Optionally, a BYOD Classroom can send content to a remote classroom