The HDCE-TX30 IP camera extension adaptor reduces the cost and complexity of remote production, simplifying connection of Sony HDC 3500/3100 and HDC-2500/2400/1700 series system cameras to an SMPTE ST 2110 IP network.
Easily carried in a flight case, the compact, 1/3-rack-width adaptor connects directly to a camera head in the field. Compliant with the SMPTE ST 2110 family of open standards, the HDCE-TX30 transmits signals from the camera head over IP networks to the Camera Control Unit (CCU) sited at a remote production center.
Support for leading IP intercom vendors including RTS, Clear-Com and Riedel allows producers and directors to communicate in real time with camera operators at a remote venue.
The HDCE-TX30 also simplifies centralized allocation of equipment between multiple studios, control rooms and machine rooms, allowing camera signals to be routed instantly over IP to another part of the facility, without needing to reconnect fiber cables.
- Cost-effective IP upgrade:
- The HDCE-TX30 IP camera extension adaptor allows broadcasters, OB providers and live production specialists to upgrade to the benefits of IP Live production without needing to replace their current HDC camera investments.
- Efficient resource sharing:
- The HDCE-TX30 allows faster, more cost-effective use of shared production resources across multiple studios and locations.
- While conventional SDI infrastructures tie one camera to a single CCU by fiber cable, the HDCE-TX30 allows flexible reconfiguration of cameras, CCUs and other live equipment over IP without time-consuming reconnection of fiber cables.
- This reduces the quantity of live equipment needing to be kept at each site, allowing resources to be shared efficiently.
- Power supply to camera and interfaces:
- The HDCE-TX30 provides power to the camera head and system interfaces including IP Tally and IP Intercom.