Matrox Monarch HD is a small, easy-to-use video streaming and recording appliance designed for professional video producers to stream a live event while simultaneously recording a higher, master quality version for post-event editing or archiving. Webcasting to YouTube and Facebook Live is made easy through its simplified set up for these popular platforms. All that's needed is to pair the device once with these accounts and it's automatically retained for subsequent streams.
From any HDMI input source such as camera or switcher, Matrox Monarch HD generates an H.264-encoded stream compliant with RTSP or RTMP protocols. While encoding the video at bitrates suitable for live streaming, Matrox Monarch HD simultaneously records a high-quality MP4 or MOV file to an SD card, a USB drive, or a network-mapped drive. Matrox Monarch HD is remotely controlled using any computer or mobile device with a web browser.
- From any HDMI input source such as a camera or switcher, Monarch HD generates an H.264-encoded stream compliant with RTSP or RTMP protocols.
- Monarch HD simultaneously records a high-quality MP4 or MOV file to an SD card, a USB drive, or a network-mapped drive.
- Remotely controlled using any computer or mobile device with a web browser.
- Provices live content to CDNs such as YouTube, Facebook Live, and Ustream; media servers such as Adobe Flash and Wowza; or directly to computer device found on a LAN.
- Monarch HD supports sharing the H.264 encoder between the streaming and recording processes so recording quality and upload bandwidth are independent of each other.
- Powerful and robust, Monarch HD offers simple, one touch stream and record push buttons, low power consumption, a locking power connector, and a fanless design.
- Network- or cloud-based video management platform developers, A/V integrators and value-added resellers can use Monarch HD Dev Tools which include automatic configuration tools and the Monarch HD Control API
- Monarch HD Control API is an ideal way to integrate Monarch HD functionality into an existing classroom, boardroom or other space equipped with a Crestron control system.