- Amsterdam, The Netherlands (September 12, 2008) — JVC introduces two new multi-format compact digital switchers, the KM-H3000 and the KM-H2500, as part of the company's growing line-up of high quality studio cameras and accessories. The units provide high performance multi-camera switching for small production studios, flight packs and outside broadcast (OB) vans producing live events.
- Designed for use in both high and standard definition studios and live production applications, the KM-H3000 can handle live switching for up to 12 HD/SD-SDI sources, with frame synchronizers with up/down converters available on four inputs. The KM-H3000 also features a professional two-axis joystick and three keyers. The KM-H2500, tailored for entry level applications offers the same features as the KM-H3000, but provides switching for up to 6 sources and has 2 keyers.
- “Our new switchers combine robust features typically found in large broadcast products and place them in a compact design with simple menus that are easy to setup and use. The powerful keying and effects capabilities of the KM-H3000 and the KM-H2500 provide end-users with an affordable upgrade path to HD production without compromising quality,” said Craig Yanagi, National Marketing Manager, Creation Products, JVC Professional Products Company. “They are perfect for installations that utilize our popular GY-HD250U ProHD Studio camera systems,” said Yanagi.
- The compact design of the KM-H3000 and KM-H2500 make them ideal for desktop operation or installation virtually anywhere. Their durable single-piece construction is designed to handle the physical challenges of mobile and flight-case use. The switchers fully support 480i, 576i, 720p and 1080i, which are menu selectable. The switcher has one preview and two program outputs, three SDI AUX outputs that support clean feed and one down converted output.
- The new JVC switchers also feature high-end push buttons with adjustable panel illumination offering a great range of brightness and hue settings for easy reading in both brightly lit and darkened environments.
- Both switchers feature high quality Chroma Keying and sophisticated dual animation playout capability to ensure that the KM-H3000 and KM-H2500 meet the most demanding applications. Both units also feature high quality 2D DVE for transition and PIP effects and a Pattern Generator for matte wash, wipes and masks. Users can store up to 10 customized presets that can be stored to USB for future use.
- The switchers were developed in response to customers who have asked for a powerful, but affordable SEG to complement the popular JVC GY-HD250U ProHD studio camera. JVC is the only manufacturer to offer affordable fully outfitted studio cameras, including camera head, studio viewfinder, CCU and remote operations panel. JVC's studio cameras are in wide usage in broadcast news studios across the country, as well as in staging and venue installations including churches and auditoriums. The KM-H2500 and KM-H3000 now allow users to configure a total JVC system at a fraction of the cost of a traditional HD studio system.
- The list price for the KM-H3000 is $17,500 and the KM-H2500 is $14,500. Both models will be available in late 2008. For more information and high-resolution photos of the KM-H3000 and KM-H2500, please visit JVC’s Web site http://pro.jvc.com/
- ABOUT JVC PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS COMPANY
- JVC Professional Products Company, located in Wayne, New Jersey, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of a complete line of broadcast and professional equipment. For more information about this, or any other JVC Professional Products Company product, contact JVC at (800) 582-5825; or Candace Vadnais at PFS Marketwyse 973-812-8883, ext. 430 or visit JVC’s Web site at http://pro.jvc.com.
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you