Telurio™ Recording Manager is a software module that controls and implements the storage management and service logic of Imagine Communications’ CloudXtream™ Cloud DVR (cDVR) solution. Its primary function is to manage the recording requests and changes from end users, as well as manage interfaces with program information and recording engines.
Recording Manager provides a RESTful set of APIs that enable easy integration with middleware to schedule and play back recordings. Recordings can be event-based with fixed start and end times or continuous stream-to-file capture, which allows editing of start and end times throughout the recording process, post-capture modification and efficient use of storage.
As part of the CloudXtream solution, the Telurio Recording Manager enables subscribers to use a wide variety of multiscreen devices to manage their recording activities and preferences, while allowing video service providers to introduce an array of new, revenue-generating cloud DVR services.
- Accelerates time-to-market for new cloud-based, time-shifted TV services
- Reduces OpEx by migrating smoothly from set-top-box to cloud-based recordings
- Integrates easily with middleware through generic REST interfaces
- Provides viewers with access to content anytime, on any device at home or on-the-go
- Allows bookmarks for both personal recordings and catch-up services
- Supports scheduled recordings for shared or copy
- Supports multiple cDVR use cases, including catch-up TV and restart TV