Today’s video consumer demands access to more programming across an ever-growing array of mobile and fixed devices and networks. Service providers need fully featured, resilient solutions that are able to maximize the quality, quantity and footprint parameters required in today’s multiscreen, TV Everywhere environment.
Offering up to 10 times the density and 10 times less power consumption than competitive solutions, SelenioNext™ can replace an entire headend of video processing in a single platform. Selenio Next is an all-in-one TV Everywhere solution that enables service providers to ingest precompressed services and transcode, package, encrypt and stream multiscreen, multi-device video. Integrating multiple functions within a single, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) server platform, it provides a highly dense, scalable and operationally efficient package designed to meet the growing demand for live programming to mobile and connected screens.
Available in 1U and 2U appliances or in a 10U blade system, Selenio Next easily fits into optimal form factors for all online video applications — from providing a handful of IPTV streams to thousands of multiscreen transcodes. Utilizing advanced Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) technology, the system is unmatched in its support of up to 320 HD ABR or 320 SD ABR profiles per 2U server and its ability to scale up to any number of profiles per video program. Selenio Next also features an onboard broadcast management system for superior control and visibility into network resource optimization.
- Industry-leading Density: Up to 320 HD ABR or 320 SD ABR profiles per 2U server
- Maximum System Redundancy: Physical hardware, n+1 video processing, input source and output network interface
- Superb Video Quality: Advanced de-interlacing and compression techniques optimize video quality and compression efficiency at any bit rate and any resolution
- Best-in-Class Power Efficiency: Less than two watts per HD profile; less than one watt per SD profile
- Active Balancing: Onboard resource manager load-balances video streams across all video processors in the system, providing an integrated fail-safe mechanism with no disruption to other live services
- Integrated Multiscreen Solution: Dense transcoding, HLS and DASH packager, AES 128 encryption and HTTP Origin Server in all-in-one Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) streaming solution
- Unlimited Video and Audio Streams Per ABR Group: Provides system operators with flexibility to adapt to changing multiscreen requirements
- Full Range of Video and Audio Transcoded Outputs: Combines video transcoding to any resolution with audio transcoding to any output format
Blade-Based Server System Features
- Rack and Power Efficiency: More server resources tightly integrated into compact package
- Low Cost and Complexity: Integrated switching and Ethernet cabling reduce the number of required cables up to 97%
- Best Quality of Experience: Robust system hardware redundancy provides highest level of operational confidence, allowing you to deliver the best quality of experience to your customers
- Future-Proof Solution: Software-application flexibility allows quick and easy upgrades to support changing requirements