Maximum functionality, Minimum real estate
The Platinum SX Pro multi-display management system offers versatile, modular solutions capable of monitoring from 16 to 1152 sources in a space-, cost- and power-saving package. Here’s how it works.
Platinum SX Pro is an output module that operates in any current Platinum router chassis (5, 9, 15 or IP3). Occupying from one to four slots, the module can reside alone in a Platinum frame and function exclusively as a multiviewer, or can be combined with routing cards for ultimate flexibility.
A single Platinum SX Pro card is capable of driving up to three unique displays, with the dual- and quad-slot versions capable of driving up to six. Depending on the size of the frame, up to 64 Platinum SX Pro modules can be placed in one chassis.
What do these facts and figures mean for your operation? Here’s an example: Using Platinum SX Pro, you can monitor up to 576 baseband input signals and drive up to 192 independent displays via a single IP3 chassis. And if your business outgrows your monitoring capability, two frames can be easily linked together to increase monitoring to 1152 inputs, while simultaneously increasing the output capacity — up to an unprecedented 384 displays in 56RU
Peerless picture quality
While cost and space savings are top of mind in any infrastructure deployment, they can’t be achieved at the expense of picture quality in today’s discriminating monitoring environments. Advanced video wall/multiviewer combinations enable not only monitoring, but also control of devices from one central location — and picture quality is vital when it comes to making critical judgment calls.
Platinum SX Pro raises the bar with its new Imagine-developed MicroFine scaling technology, which uses an advanced polyphase scaling algorithm in tandem with adaptive deinterlacing to maintain the finest detail even on the smallest of PiPs. In addition, Platinum SX Pro features ultra low-latency processing to deliver the lowest possible frame delay — imperative in today’s competitive live broadcasting environments.
Smarter design, Simpler operation
Implementing a powerful, sophisticated monitoring solution will be a costly decision if nobody knows how to use it. That’s why ease of use was a key factor in the design of Platinum SX Pro.
For maximum flexibility, every individual Platinum output slot is configurable, enabling you to design a system that exactly matches your needs.
- Pristine, quality images – ideal for production environments
- Less than one frame of processing delay
- Monitoring of up to 576 sources over 192 displays in a single IP3 frame
- Monitoring of 1152 sources via two interconnected IP3 frames
- Flexible control of displays in groups from 1 – 6 at a time
- Support for 3G/HD/SD/Composite signals
- Simultaneous HDMI and HD-SDI outputs
- SFP fiber output option
- Alarming on audio, video and metadata faults
- Monitoring of embedded, AES, analog or MADI audio
- Monitoring of DolbyE metadata with audio pass-thru
- Embedded and AES audio monitor output
- On-screen clocks and timers
- Support for dynamic UMD and Tally protocols
- Daktronics and OES scoreboard support
- Alpermann + Velte Rubidium Master Timing Series support
- LTC, NTP and VITC timecode
- Dynamic aspect ratio management
- Safe area and aspect ratio markers
- Closed Caption, Teletext Subtitle and OP-47 HD decode and display
- On-screen mouse control
- SNMP and CCSP status and alarming