The second-generation NEXIO Volt™ integrated media server addresses the need for a small form-factor, high-performance baseband video server. It delivers up to 4 bidirectional SD/HD channels in a 1RU package with lower operating costs and high levels of resilience and reliability.
The NEXIO Volt server is designed for use in various digital media applications. Multiple NEXIO Volt servers can be attached to a NEXIO® shared storage system, enabling systems with hundreds of channels and integration with other NEXIO baseband servers, editors and gateways.
What makes the NEXIO Volt server best in class is the use of the latest in powerful and highly integrated IT platforms and the leveraging of Harris expertise in hardware design to integrate baseband video technologies. The solution is ready to grow with your needs, with features including on-board Gigabit Ethernet, available fault-tolerant Fibre Channel interconnects to access storage and support for AVC-Intra playout with the optional advanced codec processor module. Whether used with integrated storage or shared storage, the NEXIO Volt platform works seamlessly with the award-winning Harris suite of media applications for ingest and playout of high-quality channels in your environment.
- Up to 4 SD/HD channels with 4-input/4-output SDI/HD-SDI interface card
- 3 Gb/s 1080p support over a single link (SMPTE 424M)
- Fault-tolerant and redundant system for critical functions: power, Ethernet, storage and more
- Access to the NEXIO shared storage with dual redundant Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Direct access to shared SAN when equipped with optional redundant Fibre Channel (FC) interconnects
- 8 TB internal storage option for standalone and edge server applications
- Advanced codec support: AVC-Intra with optional advanced codec processor module
- HD-BNC to save 50% space as compared to traditional connectors
- Variety of software-licensed configurations from 2 SD channels to 4 SD/HD channels
- Ingest and playback of SD (525i/625i) and HD (1080i, 1080p, 720p) content on the same chassis
- Fault tolerance through dual hot-swappable power supplies
- RAIDsoft™ software RAID management
- Support for patented Intrinsic Mirroring™ for complete NEXIO shared storage redundancy
- Agile, integrated software codecs, supporting a wide range of formats
- Hardware-based up/down/cross conversion with aspect ratio conversion and SMPTE 2016 and ATSC TSG-814 AFD support
- Dolby® Digital and Dolby® E pass-through
- Support for a wide range of automation, archiving and media management applications
- Optional support for low-res proxy (PRX encoder) for up to 4 HD input channels
- Optional baseband ingest and playout support for Avid Technology’s native editing codec, DNxHD
- Optional baseband playout support for the popular H.264 codec