Nexio PlayList can be installed on a Nexio server or on a customer provided PC connected via Ethernet to Nexio server domain.
From 1 to 16 playlists can be licensed to run on each PlayList console, controlling operator-selected playback channels anywhere on a Nexio server domain. The application also supports programmable GPIs, highly customizable import of traffic list files, and auto-creation of industry standard format as-run logs.
Nexio PlayList with 4-channels of playback comes standard on Nexio servers with integrated storage, such as the Nexio AMP NXAMP3801HDI and Nexio Volt NXVOLT1401HDI. PlayList is available as an option installed on servers used in a Nexio shared-storage network, such as the Nexio AMP NXAMP3801HDX and Nexio Volt NXVOLT1401HDX. Nexio Playlist is now protected by software license key so there is no longer a need for hardware dongles.
NXA-PLAYLIST01 includes a license for 1 channel of playback, NXA-PLAYLIST04 provides licenses for 4 channels of playback and NXA-PLAYLIST08 provides licenses for 8 channels of playback. The maximum number of playback licenses on any one server or workstation is 16. Upgrades are possible from any number of licenses by combining one or multiple part numbers. Redistributing licenses between existing servers or workstations is permitted and is coordinated with Customer Service.
Playlists are simple to create, modify and start with Nexio PlayList. Drag clips from Nexio’sMediaBase clip list and drop them into a playlist. Assign that playlist to any available Nexio channel and push start.
Color-coded events help to easily display the status of each playlist. Events include labels, targets, timed events, “Go To”, and end of sequences (EOS). Each event can display airing, cued, skipped, clipped or ready to play status. Additional events can be inserted into any playlist, including while it is on air.
Independent Playlist Creation
Another intelligent feature of Nexio Playlist is that you can create a playlist without having to assign it to a channel. This allows Nexio channels the freedom to perform other tasks.
- Standard XML file format now can be edited without using PlayList application itself
- Playlists may be linked together for unlimited play out schedule
- SOM and EOM/duration of any ID can be edited within the PlayList without need for a subclip
- User-customizable as-run log names and rollover time for easy traffic reconciliation
- Supports up to 2,000 playlist events and up to a 24-hour period per list
- Support for Nexio servers running ClipSync for key/fill, HD/SD simulcast, and 3D playback application
- Interfaces with traffic systems for import of daily traffic files
- Loops single clips, segments or entire playlists
- Scheduled-time events
- Programmable GPI triggers
- Support copying of events between multiple playlists
- Automatically creates ESGI, Columbine, and AIF standardized as-run logs