The NEXIO® NXIQ™ clustered storage series addresses the full spectrum of storage needs in the most demanding television production and broadcast environments. A product of Harris' OEM relationship with Isilon® Systems, the leader in clustered storage, NXIQ is a family of enterprise-class, near-line/archive storage solutions that combine an intelligent, distributed file system with modular, industry-standard hardware to deliver unmatched simplicity, resiliency and scalability. Harris adds value by providing product commissioning and support, allowing customers to purchase these industry-leading products under the Harris ONE umbrella.
The NXIQ product family scales from three to 96 nodes, and from 4 TB to 5 PB in a single file system, while delivering up to 36 GB/s of total aggregate throughput. With their clustered network architecture, ease of use, self-healing and highly redundant operations, NXIQ products extend the reliability of the NEXIO platform by adding an optional high-performance, high-capacity near-line storage tier. NXIQ near-line storage is ideal for integrated broadcast television editing, news, post-production or transmission environments working with both SD and HD content.
The NEXIO NXIQ X-Series near-line clustered storage series addresses a full spectrum of storage needs in the most demanding television production and broadcast environments. The X-Series family of enterprise-class solutions provides improved performance and serviceability characteristics by combining an intelligent, distributed file system with modular, industry-standard hardware to deliver unmatched simplicity and scalability. X-Series products can also serve as a single shared-storage pool and scratch-disk space for Apple® Final Cut Pro® ingest, edit and playback workflows, including uncompressed HD formats.
The NEXIO NXIQ NL-Series provides a simple, economical and scalable solution for large disk archives. Customers can choose a disk archive system that, at less than $2/GB for a system that's easy to install, maintain and access data, will make them think twice before deploying a traditional tape archive.
- Distributed file system creates a single, shared global namespace
- Storage capacity can scale from 10 TB to 16 PB in a single file system
- Unmatched aggregate throughput from a single file system with up to 85 GB/s
- Linear and independent scaling of both capacity and performance
- Support for InfiniBand® for intracluster communication
- Powerful, easy-to-use web-based management
- 60-second scaling of both capacity and performance
- Industry-standard protocol support (NFS, CIFS, HTTP, FTP, NDMP, SNMP, LDAP, ADS, NIS)
- Scale and aggregate bandwidth with NXIQ 10GigE Accelerator; deliver dedicated streaming tape backup bandwidth with NXIQ Backup Accelerator
- Optional software applications, includes SmartPools - Data Movement and Management, SmartConnect™ - Intelligent Data Access, SnapshotIQ - Data Protection, InsightIQ™ - Analytics and Performance Introspection, SmartQuotas™ - Quota Management, SyncIQ - Data