Overlay advertising - via animated graphics - on program video or national ads to burn in localized messages. This allows local ad revenue generation without the cost of full audio/video ad spot creation.
MPEG-2 Logo Overlay, Including Motion Logos
Station identity is crucial to business success, especially for services provided for local area merchants and community organizations. To help grab the viewer’s attention, motion logos and custom text crawls can now be keyed into MPEG-2 video along with static logos.
MPEG-2 Frame Accurate Splicing
Whether it’s advertisements or locally produced content, and whether inputs are real time or from compressed stream servers, the DTP will cleanly and frame-accurately switch various inputs to designated programs in the output transport stream, using our real-time frame transcode engine. The DTP will make a transcoded exit point in the current stream, frame-accurately inserting short or long-form program(s) into the output. When returning to network an entry point will be made to return at the exact time.
Generic MPEG- and ATSC-Compliant Multiplexer
In addition to video/audio processing, the DTP fulfills the role of an emission-compliant re-multiplexer by managing bandwidth to fit the MPEG and ATSC-mandated transport stream broadcast rates to the home.The DTP multiplexes in-program and system information protocol (PSIP) data to comply with ATSC requirements.
PSIP can be emitted off of static settings and dynamic data from a network MPEG-2 transport stream or via reception from an external PSIP generator provided by best-in-class partner vendors.
The DTP was developed from the start with broadcast operations in mind. The DTP offers a simple, but robust API for automation control of branding, switching and ad insertion.
Upgradeable Software Architecture
Broadcasters continue to evolve the DTV business model and launch unique new services.
Full server management via dedicated NIC and integrated Board Management Controller (BMC), remote KVM and power control
Dual Gigabit Ethernet IP input
Eight integrated RS-422 ports
Eight integrated GPI Inputs for third-party control
1RU form factor
Hot-swappable redundant power supplies
RAID5 integrated storage and play-out (option)
- DTP Software
- Frame accurate splicing of MPEG-2 SD or HD programs
- Complete MPEG-2 stream processing for all 4:2:0 color space, emission-compliant formats including 720p, 1080i and 1080p format HD
- Still logos through multiformat image files where the alpha channel determines transparency
- Animated graphics and logos through frame-by-frame multiformat image sequences
- Pixel-perfect graphic object positioning and user-specified dissolve rates
- Character generation text crawls for messaging and emergency alert system applications
- Digital Program Insertion using SCTE-35 or automation control of commercial clips stored internally or on network attached storage
- Support for industry-standard automation protocols, and pre-integrated with on-air automation system vendors
- Full multiplexing and grooming functions including:
- Full ATSC A65/b PSIP support
- Trans-rating (rate control) with open-loop statistical multiplexing to generate an ATSC or MPEG-compliant transport stream
- Device control, device status, playlist and video confidence monitoring via web-connected UIs