The IPS6800+D IP video gateway module is an extension of the comprehensive set of line cards in the 6800+ modular platform.
The IPS6800+D links traditional SDI-based video plants through modern Gigabit Ethernet networks and provides a cost-effective alternative to other, more expensive, links such as satellite or ATM.
Take advantage of an existing Gigabit Ethernet network by transporting high-quality uncompressed SDI signals to multiple locations over a wide area network (WAN).
Extend coaxial by carrying uncompressed SDI signals from source to destination over IP, and have the extra protection of Pro MPEG COP-4 forward error correction (FEC) to guard against possible network shortcomings.
- Bidirectional transmission of SDI to and from IP
- Two independent transmit and receive channels
- Simultaneously send or receive in either direction without interference
- Add forward error correction (FEC) for robust data transmission
- Transmit or receive IP unicast or m ulticast video streams
- Control using CCS™ Protocol and over IP
- Encapsulate up to two uncompressed SDI (SMPTE 259M) video signals into RTP packets and transmit them over IP
- De-encapsulate uncompressed SDI (SMPTE 259M) streams from an IP transport