The Calibre FOVEA-F1 provides an advanced, powerful MEMC (Motion Estimation Motion Compensated) alternative to the linear frame rate conversion capability of Imagine Communications’ respected Selenio X50™ and Selenio X100™ 1RU processing platforms. The FOVEA-F1 extends the company’s facility signal processing portfolio into global high-quality content conversion for applications including live sports, worldwide event broadcasts and post production.
The content-adaptive, broadcast-grade HD FOVEA-F1 can handle live, recorded/archived or computer-generated content via its graphics-to-video scan converter and frame synchronizer, and provides powerful MEMC frame rate conversion, noise reduction, image enhancement/restoration and aspect ratio conversion. The FOVEA-F1 uses a specialist custom video processor architecture to achieve excellent picture performance at an extremely competitive price point — including dedicated MEMC motion processing with an exceptionally large 16-field aperture for optimal motion detection, even with difficult long cadences and mixed video and film content.
Superb scaling with 1024-tap filters, 4-field per-pixel motion adaptive de-interlacing, outstanding per-pixel motion adaptive noise reduction and image enhancement techniques not only improve HD sources but also make SD near-HD quality.
Support for Closed Caption is provided, including conversion between HD CEA708 and SD CEA608 formats. VITC Embedded Timecode is also supported and includes automatic delay correction and automatic conversion to/from drop-frame timecode.
Scan conversion mode can also be used to normalize computer scan rates to video scan rates with motion-compensated conversion.
Proc-amp controls include luma gain/contrast, luma cutoff/black level, saturation, hue, R-Y, B-Y gains and cut-offs. Y, R-Y and B-Y adjustments have 10-bit granularity.
Trim, Pan and Tilt functions enable display of a particular area with custom aspect ratio control. Pre-defined aspect ratio conversion functionality includes a progressive stretch for pseudo 16:9 from 4:3 source material.
Genlock to 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, tri-level or bi-level sync or black and burst is also provided.
- Motion Estimation Motion Compensated (MEMC) Frame Rate Conversion
- Unrivaled price-performance ratio
- High-performance, content-adaptive MEMC
- Combined phase plane correlation, block matching and global motion estimation
- Video and film processing with cadence preserve/remove/adjust
- Wide range of MEMC presets for easy use with most common content
- Advanced MEMC controls for expert users
- Converts between all common broadcast and film frame rates; also inputs computer graphics
- Aspect ratio conversion and pan/zoom/tilt/trim, logo insertion and safe area markers
- MEMC keep-out zone definition and MEMC demo mode
- Closed caption support, HD CEA708 and SD CEA608 formats
- VITC/LTC embedded timecode support with automatic conversion to/from drop-frame time code
- Frame synchronizer, genlock to digital or analog house sync, audio embed and de-Embed, audio delay correction
- Inputs: 3G-SDI, YPbPr, DVI, HDMI, composite, S-Video and RGBHV/VGA
- Outputs: 3G-SDI, YPbPr, DVI/HDMI
- Flexible proc-amp controls, 2D detail enhancement, sharpness control, real-time unsharp mask
- Broadcast grade motion adaptive de-Interlacer with 3:2, 2:2 and non-standard/variable cadence detection
- Per-pixel motion-adaptive temporal/film noise filtering HD and SD, MPEG-2 codec noise reduction for SD
- System control via a front-panel LCD menu; rugged front-panel keys with inbuilt status indication
- Web server remote control via TCP/IP, integrate with third-party control systems via TCP/IP or RS-232 using API
- Dual-redundant power supply for provision of two power feeds in live on-air applications