The model UV232A kit is used to send high resolution video, audio (L+R Mixed) and uni-directional RS-232 over a single twisted-pair cable to a remote location up to 500 feet away.
This is the sender part of the kit.
The input video can be from a RGBHV (PC video to WUXGA) or YPbPr (HD analog component to 1080p).
DDC compliant EDID emulation assures proper PC boot-up with video output.
The Uni-directional RS-232 can be used to control LCD’s or projectors that have RS-232 control.
Applications includes kiosk solutions, conference halls, digital signage, interactive operator systems, factory or laboratory data acquisition and control.
When the sender is powered from a VESA compliant VGA source (+5V on pin 9) a power supply (included) is only required at the receiver. If the source is not VESA compliant in that regard, or if the video is YPbPr (using a 3 RCA to HD15 input cable), then a power supply (included) is needed at both sender and receiver.
The kit includes a local unit (sender) that includes a VGA and serial cables, plus a remote unit (receiver) with two power supplies.
It is recommended that for best image quality low-skew UTP cables be utilized (such as Hall Research’s Zero-Skew cables), otherwise at long distances (>200ft) and high-resolutions, RGB skew may be present and a separate skew corrector would be necessary (HRT Model SKU-RGB).
- Sends PC or HD video, audio (L+R mixed) and uni-directional RS-232 over single CATx
- Wide bandwidth to transmit WUXGA signals (1920x1200/60Hz) or HD analog component (1080p)
- Compensation for UTP cable to 500 ft
- No power supply required at local sender - when powered from VESA compliant VGA source
- DDC compliant EDID emulation on the sender
- Supports all baud rates to 115kbps
- RS-232 and high quality VGA input cables provided
- Compact metal enclosure with mounting provisions
- Compact, rugged, reliable and economical
- Kiosk solutions
- Conference halls
- Digital signage
- Interactive operator systems
- Factory or laboratory data acquisition and control