The USB3-EXT-16 is an active extension cable which can be cascaded (up to 5) to extend the distance between USB devices and a PC. It regenerates the USB signal for maximum reliability and performance over extended distances.
Can be used without a power supply when cascaded up to 2 devices maximum otherwise the power supply is required at the farthest connection from the USB source.
Power supply purchased separately here. http://hallresearch.com/page/Products/511-41052-1305
- Perfect for USB 3.0 HD cameras, portable HDDs, etc
- Active extension with no drivers needed
- USB bus powered for one or two in a daisy-chain
- Connect up to 4 to achieve 20 meters (65ft)
- Optional power supply for daisy-chains more than 2
- Meets USB 3.0 Super speed devices to 5 Gbps
- Over-current protection
- Compatible with PC Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP