UHBX-S-PSE sender module when paired with compatible Receiver ( Hall Research model UHBX-R-PD ), can extend HDMI, bi-directional IR, full-duplex RS232, and PoH (power over HDBaseT™) over distances of up to 150 meters (500 feet) using a single Cat6 cable. The pair can extend HDMI or single-link DVI video of virtually any resolution, to a maximum distance of 500 ft (150 m). Moreover, these extenders complies with Power-over-HDBaseT™ or PoH, hence only one end requires a power supply . The end identified as PSE (power sourcing equipment) injects power on to the Cat6 cable and the side identified as PD (powered device) is powered through the Cat6 cable. The PSE side requires connection of an AC adapter that supplies 5v DC, while the PD or WP(wall plate) side is simply powered through the RJ45 connector from the opposite side.
Full-duplex RS232 Serial Port extension is provided that can operate at any baud rate to 115,200 (independent of video activity). The extender can also extend IR from one end to the other. IR Detector and IR Emitter cables are sold separately. The IR extension preserves the modulation(carrier) frequency and provides compatibility to virtually any standard. It supports modulation range from 30 KHz to 60 KHz.
UHBX-S-PSE is fully compatible with the following HDBaseT™ receiver from Hall Research:
- UHBX-R-PD : Pair Sold as a kit (see UHBX-P1).
- Includes RS232 and IR extension in both directions
- Supports virtually all HDMI and DVI resolutions including 4Kx2K
- Only one end requires power, other side is powered via UTP
- Power-over-HDBaseT™ meets IEEE 802.3af standard
- Sturdy metal enclosures with mounting provisions
- Complies fully with HDBaseT™ standard
- Runs from just one +5vDC supply
- RS232 Supports all baud rates regardless of presence of video
- IR extension is carrier frequency agnostic and supports 30 KHz to 60 KHz modulation to provide compatibility across all IR standards
- Fully isolates ground between TX and RX sides
- Compact, Rugged, Reliable, and Economical