The UHBX-4X is a 1 RU box that converts 4 HDMI inputs to corresponding HDBaseT™ outputs for extension to 150 meters (500 ft) on single UTP. The extender supports HDCP, 3D, Deep Color, CEC, and 4 K (UHD) resolutions. Compatible receivers include the low-cost self-powered UH-1BT-R and UH-1BTX-R for HDMI extension to 230 ft or 330 ft respectively, or the UHBX-R-PD that supports RS-232, IR, PoH (Power over HDBaseT), and Long Reach modes to 500 ft. When using receivers with PoH function, a single optional 48v power supply is needed for the 4-channel sender (power supply part number: 511-PS4812).
The UHBX-4X provides both IP (Ethernet), and RS-232 ports for control. Using these ports the user can address and send RS-232 or IR commands to any of the receivers to control the remote display. IR signals can also be extended in both directions. Besides being able to create IR commands by itself (via RS-232 or IP control ports), the UHBX-4X provides a jack for an IR detector cable. The IR received by the detector can be routed to any one or combination of outputs. 4 separate IR emitter ports are also provided on the rear of the UHBX-4X which can be used if a user connects IR detectors at each remote location. This would be perfect for controlling multiple sources in a rack with the UHBX-4X.
The extender is constructed as a 1RU rack-mountable unit and has built-in power supply. LED indicators on the front panel show Link Status, HDCP status, Long Reach and Power for each of the 4 outputs. The UHBX-4X is designed and manufactured in the USA. The UHBX-4X can be used by itself, for example in a rack with 4 video sources such as AV receivers, but it can be used in tandem with Hall Research 4x4 HDMI matrix to provide additional cross-point capabilities. Since each device is a 1RU the combination is still only 2 RU. Hall Research also offers short (5 inch) HDMI cables to interconnect the two as shown above.
The UHBX-4X chassis is identical to UHBX-8X and it can be factory upgraded to 8 channels if required.
- Converts 4 separate HDMI inputs to corresponding HDBaseT™ outputs
- Extends IR in both directions
- Can issue RS-232 or IR commands to any output (requires compatible receiver)
- RS-232 and IP control ports
- Supports HDCP, 3D, Deep Color, CEC, and 4 K (UHD) resolutions
- Sturdy 1RU design with built in power supply
- HDBaseT™ Compliant
- Can power compatible receivers through the cable using PoH (requires optional 48v supply)
- Front panel status indicators for power, link, video and more for each channel
- Factory upgradable to 8-channels (UHBX-8X)