The Odyssey7Q+ is the most advanced, most capable, most versatile monitor/recorder available today. The Odyssey7Q+ can record HD/2K/UHD/4K. It can record them via SDI and HDMI. It can record RAW (with Odyssey RAW Bundle upgrade), uncompressed DPX, and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ). The Odyssey7Q+ features an OLED 1280x800 monitor with true blacks, accurate colors, extended color gamut and a 176 degree viewing angle.
Along with the best image in the industry, the Odyssey7Q+ also features an extensive array of image analysis tools, including an RGB waveform, RGB Histogram, False Color, Pixel Zoom with finger drag, three-mode Focus Assist and monitoring LUTs. The unique Multi-Stream Monitoring mode allows up to four HD video inputs to be viewed at once in a quad-split view or to be live-switched between in full screen.
The Industry's Best RAW* and Apple ProRes recorder.
Proven in cinematic production, documentaries, television and more. Whether you deliver 4K or HD it's a production powerhouse. *RAW recording requires RAW Bundle upgrade.
Odyssey7Q+ is a Feature-Rich Professional Monitor.
It's ideal for the most demanding productions and most discerning DPs, it has all the tools you need in your arsenal to achieve the perfect image.
Odyssey7Q+ features powerful and flexible playback options.
Reviewing footage has never been easier. Confirm your shots, apply and route LUTs, preview footage for clients, set markers and more.
Immense engineering and design effort has gone into making the Odyssey7Q+ one of the most powerful and innovative products our industry has to offer. Odyssey is built with challenging environments and high performance in mind. The Magnesium alloy case protects the device from damage and keeps the fanless design cool throughout a day on the set. Every element of the Odyssey has been tested and proven to perform well and fit perfectly into your workflow.
Odyssey Owners have the flexibility to use a range of high-performance Samsung 850 EVO and 850 EVO PRO SSDs in 1TB, 512GB, 256GB and 128GB capacities, which are competitively priced and widely available. These are high-performance, affordable SSDs that have the speed and reliability required for high-bit rate recording. We know that you can trust your footage to these high-performance SSDs, and we provide a 10-year performance warranty on Samsung SSDs we
- Recording Formats (422 video) -Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) / Apple ProRes 422 / Apple ProRes 422 (LT) / Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) DCI 4K / UHD 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60 fps 2K / 1080p 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60 fps 1080i 10-bit YCC 422 up to 60i 720p 10-bit YCC 422
- Recording Formats (444 video) - Uncompressed DPX stacks 2K/1080p 12-bit RGB 444 up to 30 fps 2K/1080p 10-bit RGB 444 up to 60 fps Apple ProRes 4444 (XQ) / Apple ProRes 4444 2K/1080p 12-bit RGB 444 up to 60 fps 2K/1080p 10-bit RGB 444 up to 60 fps
- RAW Recording Support (Paid Upgrade) - Record the RAW signal from Sony FS5/FS7/FS700, Canon C500/C300MKII, ARRI Alexa, Panasonic Varicam LT, IO Industries Flare 2KSDI/4KSDI, IndieCam IndieGS2K
- 7.7" OLED Display, 1280x800, RGB 8-bit panel, ~ 16 million colors, wide gamut, 3400:1 contrast, 176° viewing, true blacks
- Record Triggers - Touchscreen, SDI record trigger (ARRI, CANON, PANASONIC, RED, SONY), HDMI (SONY, CANON, PANASONIC), Timecode, Remote Cable (Optional Accessory), SDI embedded record trigger is passed through to SDI outputs
- Recording Media (Dual SSD Slots) - Qualified Samsung 2.5” SSDs in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB sizes, 420Mb/sec write, 500Mb/sec read speed, compatible with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt Adapters. SSDs and adapters sold separately.
- Flexible & Affordable Media Options - Odyssey owners have the flexibility to use a range of high-performance Samsung 850 EVO and 850 EVO PRO SSDs in 1TB, 512GB, 256GB and 128GB capacities, which are competitively priced and widely available.
- Output Downscaling - Output 1080p HD via HDMI or SDI from DCI 4K / UHD source (allows for additional on-set monitoring)
- LUTs for Log formats from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, Panasonic and Sony, plus up to 140 custom 3D-LUTs in .CUBE format
- Focus Assist - Adjustable peaking, edge detection, noise reduction, user choice of color: Red, Green, Blue, Black, White, or Yellow
- Frame Adjust - Anamorphic Desqueeze, 17:9 letterbox, Automatic Image Flip (defeatable) , Programmable Aspect Ratio Guides
- Spot Meter - Luma and Red/Green/Blue values, single spot, dual spot & 8-spot modes
- Pixel Zoom - Image Magnification with frame drag, magnification factors of 1:1, 2:1, 4:1, 6:1, 8:1, 10:1, 12:1
- Vectorscope - 75% & 100% saturation color targets, analog or digital trace, green or true CbCr trace color, 1-15x magnification
- Waveform - Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
- Histogram - Luma only, RGB Parade, Red only, Blue only, Green only, Full Size and Compact Size Options
- False Color with 6 programmable levels & adjustable ranges
- Timecode - LTC I/O (BNC), embedded SDI / HDMI, internal clock
- Monochrome/Grayscale monitoring mode, view Luma or individual red, green or blue color channels
- HD-SDI / 1.5G / 3G / 6G support: Single/Dual/Quad-Link inputs (HD/2K/Ultra-HD & DCI 4K supported), Dual HD-SDI 1.5G outputs, Full-size BNCs
- HDMI Input Version 1.4a support, 10-bit 422, up to 1080p60, up to 30fps in Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160) and up to 24fps in DCI 4K (4096 x 2160)
- HDMI Output Version 1.4a support, 8-bit 422, up to 1080p30
- Analog Audio I/O - 3.5mm port for line level 2-channel unbalanced or 1-channel balanced input up to -10dB, 48KHz, 24-bit, 3.5mm stereo headphone output, adjustable
- User Interface - Capacitive Touchscreen, three mechanical keys
- Digital Audio I/O - 8-channel SDI (4:2:2 video signals), 2-channel HDMI embedded audio (48KHz, 24-bit)
- Zebras - Dual adjustable zebra exposure indicators, selectable colors
- DC Power Input - 6.5 to 34VDC with built-in reverse polarity protection; locking power connector, built-in power switch
- Sound Level - Silent, no fan or vents
- Power Draw - 8 watts (monitor only), 9 to 19 watts (depending on record mode)