The MD2-ZB smartplug provides energy monitoring, individual outlet control, scheduled conservation, and surge protection in a compact form factor that plugs directly into any standard 120V, 15A outlet. Utilizing ZigBee® wireless communications, the MD2-ZB can be monitored, controlled, programmed, and remotely accessed via Panamax/Furman’s cloud-based BlueBOLT® energy management and control platform (with BB-ZB1 gateway). For integrators, BlueBOLT reduces service calls through remote control of the MD2-ZB’s two discrete AC outlets from any Internet-enabled device. Additionally, the platform provides real-time and historical power related data, including energy consumption in kWh and dollars.
This data allows integrators to schedule conservation periods to eliminate wasted power and decrease utility bills. Offering a thin profile of 1.5 inches, the MD2-ZB houses two side-mounted outlets and provides status, network, and wiring fault indicators, in addition to push-button “override” power switches to instantly power outlets on/off from the top of the device. The unit’s Protect-or-Disconnect™ circuitry completely disconnects AC power to connected equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge. To accommodate the look of any room, the MD2-ZB’s front cover can easily be removed and painted to match the wall color.
- 1.5 inches deep
- Remotely monitor and control equipment and appliance loads
- Push-button power switches instantly power outlets on or off
- EMI/RFI filtration circuitry for clean, unimpeded power
- Protect or disconnect circuitry
- Diagnostic lights (LED): outlet 1 & 2 status, demand response/network and wiring fault
- Removable, paintable cover ensures seamless fit with any décor
- Convenient display feature; turn cover around to hide diagnostic lights