At NAB 2019, AJA Video Systems debuted Corvid 44 12G, a new 8-lane PCIe 3.0 video and audio I/O card supporting 12G-SDI I/O in a low-profile design for workstations and servers. Corvid 44 12G supports 8K/UltraHD2/4K/UltraHD high frame rate, deep color and HDR workflows, plus multi-channel 12G-SDI I/O, enabling either 8K or multiple 4K streams of input or output. Corvid 44 12G joins the family of renowned Corvid I/O cards, engineered to meet the needs of AJA’s Developer Partners.
“Demand for 8K as well as multi-channel 4K and HD workflows is growing quickly. Corvid 44 12G brings Developers a powerful solution to create applications that streamline high resolution, deep color workflows, merging the flexibility of AJA’s popular and powerful KONA 5 into a low profile I/O solution with active and passive cooling options,” shared Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems.
The Corvid 44 12G capture and output card leverages AJA’s world-class SDK to provide the power and flexibility across macOS, Windows and Linux used by leading companies to create the highest performance applications for imaging, post, broadcast and virtual production.
Corvid 44 12G feature highlights include:
- 12G-SDI I/O for 8K, UltraHD2, 4K, UltraHD, 2K, HD and SD with HFR support up to 8K 60p at YUV 10-bit 4:2:2, and support for RGB 12-bit 4:4:4 up to 8K 30p
- 4x bi-directional 12G-SDI ports and 1x Reference In
- Choice of robust HD-BNC connectors, with included HD-BNC to full-sized BNC cables included, or a full-size BNC model of the card
- 16-channel embedded SDI audio per 12G-SDI port
- 10-bit downstream keyer in hardware, supporting up to 4K resolution
- AJA SDK compatibility, offering advanced features including multi-channel 4K I/O
- Low-profile design for use in workstations or servers
- 8-lane PCIe 3.0 design
- RS-422 serial control via PCIe bracket, or header on card
- Active or passive heatsink
- Three-year international warranty
AJA’s popular SDK enables some of the most powerful image-based products on the market today across Science, Medicine, Security, Space, Military, Post Production, Broadcast, Ingest, Playout, VR, Virtual Production, Projection Mapping, eSports and more. The Corvid 44 12G family also includes models for active or passive cooling, RS422 on the PCIe bracket or on the card header, and HD-BNC or full size BNC connectors.
Pricing and Availability
Corvid 44 12G will be available soon. For more information, visit: www.aja.com/products/developer/corvid-44-12g